Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X3 the reunion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aslayeruk
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: X3 the reunion Reply with quote

Hey, I'm very new to CE, have been using tsearch as Ive never found the need to go beyond it. Yesterday, I got X3 and have tried to do play around with it.

I have managed the flash hacks no problem, found my money value in seconds, edited it and off I went. However, I got no luck with autohack - attached screenie here

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/v.camek/ah1.jpg

So I downloaded CE, some fantastic features here most of which are beyond me right now, read Dark Byte's post on attaching the debugger, set the DebugPort to 0s and managed to get the CE debugger attached. Now, all I get after making changes in the game is the following:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/v.camek/ce1.jpg

So basically not getting zip on what reads/writes to that memory address. The game has several ways of modifying the cash Im assuming - there are player factories which would generate income as well as the basic shops.

Any ideas much appreciated. Also, if there is a nice visual guide for idiots with pictures on using CE I'd be greatful for a link. Cheers[/img]
Happy_person36
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

I hope you scanned Tsearch because from what I heard it was a trojan, and spyware and adware. I got a virus once and it automatically installed Tsearch, 180search, and some other load of **** that were all virus's.

And also are you using the debug registers or the Memory Access Exceptions? That might be your problem, or it might be read only memory.

*EDIT* sorry used some foul language above ill change it *EDIT*

Last edited by Happy_person36 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
aslayeruk
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea not to worry got a clean version Wink still baffled as to why im getting nowhere though. X3 is a generally strange game, no cd key is used although there is one supplied, think it also has starforce protection for the dvd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: