Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


PC to Ipod Touch/Wifi

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NeverForgotten
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 1616
Location: Wii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: PC to Ipod Touch/Wifi Reply with quote

Okay So is it possible, when I plug my Ipod in and go to My computer > and Ipod touch so I can access ALL the files on my ipod not just the pictures??

Also another question im new to this wifi hotspot thing so im wondering If I was at school is there a way I can connect to a wifi spot except for the school one because they got a password on it.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kls85
I post too much
Reputation: 22

Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2757
Location: Under ur bed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wifi hotspot is basically a wireless interent connection.

There is nothing special about it. Your wireless router can be called a hotspot as well.

To connect from your school, you need to see if your lucky enough for your iTouch to sense the wireless connection in your area.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: PC to Ipod Touch/Wifi Reply with quote

NeverForgotten wrote:
Okay So is it possible, when I plug my Ipod in and go to My computer > and Ipod touch so I can access ALL the files on my ipod not just the pictures??

Also another question im new to this wifi hotspot thing so im wondering If I was at school is there a way I can connect to a wifi spot except for the school one because they got a password on it.

For the first part, I'm sure there are ways to make iPods work as drives, google should help.
As for the wifi bit, if there's a wireless connection that's not protected, you can connect to it. It's just a matter of it existing or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FullyAwesome
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 4438
Location: Land Down Under

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the first part, OpenSSH, an app available through Cydia, which requires a jailbroken ipod.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
krazedkat
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 2255
Location: Hell, Norway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenSSH, iPhoneExplorer? Many of those work (as fully said Razz)... It needs to be jailbroken though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverForgotten
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 1616
Location: Wii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I want it so I can just go to My Computer> Ipod> and browse or drag stuff in there..

So I cant connect to a hotspot if im at school?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Farr.
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverForgotten wrote:
Well I want it so I can just go to My Computer> Ipod> and browse or drag stuff in there..

So I cant connect to a hotspot if im at school?

no, if you connect your ipod and try to open it all you can take from it is your pictures. you cannot see/modify or add anything else.

and even if you DO have wireless in your school I'm pretty sure it will have a WEP key (password protection)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverForgotten
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 1616
Location: Wii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that sucks
using applications is useless because then you gotta HAve that application on the other computer that your transferring to.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites