Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Buying a laptop.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iCrisis
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Buying a laptop. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm buying a laptop from Craigslist, and I need a review, here's the AD:

Quote:

Hi there,

I have a HP pavilion dv2000 laptop for sale that looks almost brand new.
Below are the specifications:

Processor - Intel core duo T2450, 2.0GHZ
RAM - 1GB
HARD drive - 150GB

This laptop was bought in april 2007 and is still under 2 years warranty from Best Buy. Let me know if you are interested and we cam meet at place nearby you.
My cell is *** *** ****.

I'm paying $500
He says that it has 2 batteries that last 7-8 Hours.
I plan to expand to 4gb of ram.
Am I getting a good price?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clash of clans hacks
Master Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 368
Location: Remember when we all used to put funny lines here?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, well, i wouldn't buy a laptop with less than 2GB RAM, but if you're gonna expand it, i do think it's a good deal.. (Especially for the 2 batteries, didn't even know computers could do that.)

You don't need a lot of memory, i suppose?
if you're gonna play games, you'll need more than 150GB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Negima
I post too much
Reputation: 6

Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 2221

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the the price is about right. Although I'm not a big fan of laptops, and upgrading RAM on a laptop is harder than a desktop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iCrisis
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The processors decent though, for a laptop? (I don't know much about laptop processors)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheesecan
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 215

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure its pretty expensive for second hand since laptops have a tendancy to crap out after a few years
Considering the only decent part of the laptop is the processor.

with 1gb of ram and most likely integrated graphics aswell as a small hdd your not really getting much for $500

Also the batteries, ask more about that because he could just mean he has 2 batteries, which run about 3-4 hours each which isnt very good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick :3
I posted too much crap
Reputation: 5

Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 2220

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is second handed, its expensive
If it is brand new, its an ok price

_________________
Ego vos irrumabo et confutuabo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iCrisis
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheesecan wrote:
Im not sure its pretty expensive for second hand
Considering the only decent part of the laptop is the processor.

with 1gb of ram and most likely integrated graphics aswell as a small hdd your not really getting much for $500

Also the batteries, ask more about that because he could just mean he has 2 batteries, which run about 3-4 hours each which isnt very good.

I believe the graphics are integrated, but this laptop wouldn't be used for gaming. (I have a brand new custom built computer at home, I'm only buying this cause I got some extra money for Christmas.
UltimateDestiny wrote:
If it is second handed, its expensive
If it is brand new, its an ok price

It's second hand, but it has a 2 year warranty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheesecan
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 215

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltimateDestiny wrote:
If it is second handed, its expensive
If it is brand new, its an ok price



Ok i suppose i had the wrong idea, it looks like quite a good laptop for work and slightly intensive stuff like photoshop maybe


I also have a gaming pc at home so i bought a ultraportable since its great for travelling and i hate laptops overheating and being heavy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick :3
I posted too much crap
Reputation: 5

Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 2220

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheesecan wrote:
UltimateDestiny wrote:
If it is second handed, its expensive
If it is brand new, its an ok price



Ok i suppose i had the wrong idea, it looks like quite a good laptop for work and slightly intensive stuff like photoshop maybe


I also have a gaming pc at home so i bought a ultraportable since its great for travelling and i hate laptops overheating and being heavy.

The laptop itself is ok if you add some ram to it. It wouldnt be ok for gaming i think, because it probably has an onboard GPU

_________________
Ego vos irrumabo et confutuabo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iCrisis
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltimateDestiny wrote:
cheesecan wrote:
UltimateDestiny wrote:
If it is second handed, its expensive
If it is brand new, its an ok price



Ok i suppose i had the wrong idea, it looks like quite a good laptop for work and slightly intensive stuff like photoshop maybe


I also have a gaming pc at home so i bought a ultraportable since its great for travelling and i hate laptops overheating and being heavy.

The laptop itself is ok if you add some ram to it. It wouldnt be ok for gaming i think, because it probably has an onboard GPU

It wouldn't be used for gaming. I'm probably throwing ubuntu onto it and using it for adobe PS/DW and C++.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iTz SWAT
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 2227
Location: Me.Location;

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iCrisis wrote:
using it for adobe PS/DW and C++.

Can ubuntu run C++?
What language is Ubuntu made from?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iCrisis
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bioshocked wrote:
iCrisis wrote:
using it for adobe PS/DW and C++.

Can ubuntu run C++?
What language is Ubuntu made from?

I'm talking about a C++ compiler, so I can use it to learn the language. And I believe bloodsheds dev c++ works fine.
http://appdb.winehq.org/screenshots.php?iAppId=1178&iVersionId=5960
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sup3R C3r34L
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 1379
Location: Soviet Russia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems expensive for a 20 month old laptop...
I wouldn't buy it.

_________________
It's sexy, amirite?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Konata Izumi
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 3

Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Posts: 1527

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iCrisis wrote:
cheesecan wrote:
Im not sure its pretty expensive for second hand
Considering the only decent part of the laptop is the processor.

with 1gb of ram and most likely integrated graphics aswell as a small hdd your not really getting much for $500

Also the batteries, ask more about that because he could just mean he has 2 batteries, which run about 3-4 hours each which isnt very good.

I believe the graphics are integrated, but this laptop wouldn't be used for gaming. (I have a brand new custom built computer at home, I'm only buying this cause I got some extra money for Christmas.
UltimateDestiny wrote:
If it is second handed, its expensive
If it is brand new, its an ok price

It's second hand, but it has a 2 year warranty.
if you have extra money, you should spend it on something fun like a bike.
_________________
CARCASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
NeverForgotten
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 1616
Location: Wii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konata Izumi wrote:
iCrisis wrote:
cheesecan wrote:
Im not sure its pretty expensive for second hand
Considering the only decent part of the laptop is the processor.

with 1gb of ram and most likely integrated graphics aswell as a small hdd your not really getting much for $500

Also the batteries, ask more about that because he could just mean he has 2 batteries, which run about 3-4 hours each which isnt very good.

I believe the graphics are integrated, but this laptop wouldn't be used for gaming. (I have a brand new custom built computer at home, I'm only buying this cause I got some extra money for Christmas.
UltimateDestiny wrote:
If it is second handed, its expensive
If it is brand new, its an ok price

It's second hand, but it has a 2 year warranty.
if you have extra money, you should spend it on something fun like a bike.


Hes not here to hear your extra suggestions on what to buy with that extra money

Laptop seems good but I would probably buy a new one as they are way better

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites