| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Bizarro I post too much
Reputation: 0
Joined: 01 May 2007 Posts: 2648
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:08 pm Post subject: [c++] try/catch(...) |
|
|
i used try and catch(...) on all my pointer reading for a long time. it was fine untill yesterday. its not working anymore when pointer becomes invalid.
i think its because i have changed my VSC++ settings last night and i can't seem to find the correct settings and fix it.
can anyone point me to the right direction?
_________________
w8 baby.com Banner contest, Come join NOW!!
Check us out for Prize deatils |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Jani Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2
Joined: 29 Dec 2006 Posts: 804
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:11 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Enable C++ Exceptions: Yes /EHsc ?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Bizarro I post too much
Reputation: 0
Joined: 01 May 2007 Posts: 2648
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:13 pm Post subject: |
|
|
yes /ehsc or Yes With SEH Exceptions (/EHa)?
EDIT:
yes WORKED. i had yes /ehsc , changed to Yes With SEH Exceptions (/EHa). its working now:P
Thanks
_________________
w8 baby.com Banner contest, Come join NOW!!
Check us out for Prize deatils
Last edited by Bizarro on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Jani Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2
Joined: 29 Dec 2006 Posts: 804
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Bizarro wrote: | | yes /ehsc or Yes With SEH Exceptions (/EHa)? | No idea, I'm not a fan of exception handling :P Yes seems to be the default.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Bizarro I post too much
Reputation: 0
Joined: 01 May 2007 Posts: 2648
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:20 pm Post subject: |
|
|
thanks worked
close
_________________
w8 baby.com Banner contest, Come join NOW!!
Check us out for Prize deatils |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Abilityfun How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0
Joined: 10 Jun 2007 Posts: 8
|
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:23 am Post subject: |
|
|
| I know you fixed your problem but try to switch over to Dev-CPP, much less junk and much easier to use.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Jani Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2
Joined: 29 Dec 2006 Posts: 804
|
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Abilityfun wrote: | | I know you fixed your problem but try to switch over to Dev-CPP, much less junk and much easier to use. | The problem had nothing to do with the IDE, it was all about compiler flags. If you want a better way to develop your stuffs, go for a good text editor and makefiles. Eg. Vim :)
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
sponge I'm a spammer
Reputation: 1
Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 6009
|
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:20 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Jani wrote: | | Abilityfun wrote: | | I know you fixed your problem but try to switch over to Dev-CPP, much less junk and much easier to use. | The problem had nothing to do with the IDE, it was all about compiler flags. If you want a better way to develop your stuffs, go for a good text editor and makefiles. Eg. Vim  | I think he was referring to the MingW compiler as it comes bundled with it. However, it aswell is inferior.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|