| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Trance Lover Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Posts: 1249 Location: Broa :)
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:10 pm Post subject: Laptop Chargers. |
|
|
Hm, Does anyone know where I can get a real cheap laptop charger? I have a toshiba M115 and my 2nd charger just fucked up last night, 1st one got stolen by some fools
Radioshack is selling for 90$, Toshibadirect.com sells for 70$ and I can't really afford that right now..
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Blank I post too much
Reputation: 1
Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 3044
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:13 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Give this a go.
Your voltage is 19V btw
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Humper Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 Posts: 1545
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Just so he know, got many complains about bad contact+wire.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Trance Lover Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Posts: 1249 Location: Broa :)
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Humper wrote: |
Just so he know, got many complains about bad contact+wire. |
Yeah, I read those, That's the same problem my charger had too =X
I needed to put pressure (A lot) for it to charge =/
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
FullyAwesome I post too much
Reputation: 0
Joined: 05 Apr 2007 Posts: 4438 Location: Land Down Under
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
you might want to make sure that it's your charger, not the socket in your computer that's playing up. get a multi-meter and check the contacts of your computer, and of the charger. after changing the plug on my charger, i found out that it was my computer that was playing up. so now i have a tail hanging out of my laptop.
i had to wiggle my charger and have it in an aquard position for it to charge, so you might want to have a look if it means saving yourself $50-$90.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Trance Lover Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Posts: 1249 Location: Broa :)
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:19 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| fullyawesome wrote: | you might want to make sure that it's your charger, not the socket in your computer that's playing up. get a multi-meter and check the contacts of your computer, and of the charger. after changing the plug on my charger, i found out that it was my computer that was playing up. so now i have a tail hanging out of my laptop.
i had to wiggle my charger and have it in an aquard position for it to charge, so you might want to have a look if it means saving yourself $50-$90. |
I'm positive it's the charger (the plug fell off )
heh.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
FullyAwesome I post too much
Reputation: 0
Joined: 05 Apr 2007 Posts: 4438 Location: Land Down Under
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:44 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| cal17 wrote: |
I'm positive it's the charger (the plug fell off )
heh. |
then just replace the plug? it costs about $1 to buy the connection for your charger. i did that to mine even though it didn't need it. $90 or $1... xD then again, if you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with making one yourself because you'll probably short-out something.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Trance Lover Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Posts: 1249 Location: Broa :)
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:53 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| fullyawesome wrote: | | cal17 wrote: |
I'm positive it's the charger (the plug fell off )
heh. |
then just replace the plug? it costs about $1 to buy the connection for your charger. i did that to mine even though it didn't need it. $90 or $1... xD then again, if you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with making one yourself because you'll probably short-out something. |
I already tried to fix it, I got it to work, but the plug keeps moving and stops touching ground so it doesn't work.
This is the part that broke
Do you think they sell spares? Everything else is working fine, I just need plug #3.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
FullyAwesome I post too much
Reputation: 0
Joined: 05 Apr 2007 Posts: 4438 Location: Land Down Under
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:00 pm Post subject: |
|
|
i can't really see that well, but if it's your standard laptop plug then you can pick it up from an electrical store. just make sure that the front of the plug is the exact same size, and all the contacts are in the same spots. i got a generic one from Dick Smiths and it works fine...except when the bastard tries to unscrew itself.
_________________
Last edited by FullyAwesome on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
[SPW]Jsin Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 19 Jul 2007 Posts: 1251
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
ebay
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karakawe I post too much
Reputation: 3
Joined: 17 Apr 2007 Posts: 3899
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
The tips can be found seperately on iGo.com and other retail places. Here is a link for just the adapter (#3) at iGo.com, it's only $10. Got it by googling "Toshiba m115 site:igo.com" since the in-site model finder was annoying as hell.
If that's not what you need, check around iGo.com. They sell all the parts they make there. Hope it helps, good luck.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Trance Lover Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Posts: 1249 Location: Broa :)
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:55 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Karakawe wrote: | The tips can be found seperately on iGo.com and other retail places. Here is a link for just the adapter (#3) at iGo.com, it's only $10. Got it by googling "Toshiba m115 site:igo.com" since the in-site model finder was annoying as hell.
If that's not what you need, check around iGo.com. They sell all the parts they make there. Hope it helps, good luck. |
Omg, Why didn't I think of that...... Fuck.
Smart man you are (if you're a man?).
With the money I'm saving I'm buying me some RAM! =D
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karakawe I post too much
Reputation: 3
Joined: 17 Apr 2007 Posts: 3899
|
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Sure am. Glad you found it. ^^
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Humper Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 Posts: 1545
|
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:28 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Great, glad you found a better solution!
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|