Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daevax
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

hey just a simple question i have. well i dont know if ti is simple or not, but the program i am "hacking" has values thta change everytime it is opened. so is there anyway to make a trainer, where it will change with the values? or do i have to search and freeze everytime? ty in advance.
wuncap
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to use pointers, refer to the Cheat Engine tutorial to help you do it
it might be confuseign at first but its not to hard
Davethewave
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally do not like pointers, some times they're easy and static, other times there's a "pointer to a pointer" which I don't understand, I find the pointer to the pointer, or the address which tells the pointer to change it's address, but then I don't know what to do with that pointer to a pointer because the pointer to the pointer doesn't contain the value of the pointer it is pointing to, it contains the address of the pointer it is pointing to. I simply find what writes to the value that I want to change, once I find the code that writes to my value I add it to a code list and save it. Later when I want to change the value I go into the code list and click the "find out what this code writes to" to find my address again... it's like a manual trainer Razz but a whole lot easier than pointers imo.
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointers of pointers aren't as complicated as you're making it. Cheat Engine even has functionality for nested pointers.

when you add a new address, just check the pointer option. From there you can click "add pointer" as many times as you want. You'll have a list pointer input boxes. Each pointer will point to the one above it.
Davethewave
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand, could you point me to an example? Smile

*I press pointer box, I press add pointer 7 times, I enter an address in the bottom field and two addresses apear above that one field. The address I entered in I put in the offset but the ones that appear do not have an offset, do I enter the same offset for thoes too? also, what do I do with these new addresses which appear above my address I entered? Do I search them or add them.. hmm I will experiment but please let me know.
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

address = base pointer
offset = distance from your base pointer

If your value is in an array, then the array has a base pointer. If your value's address is 400104, and the base pointer is 400100, then your offset is 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: