Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


[REL] Task manager & regedit.exe ENABLER/DISABLER

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tofu
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 620

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: [REL] Task manager & regedit.exe ENABLER/DISABLER Reply with quote

EDIT: Removed the rather complicated tuts and instead, made them into a batch file.

I made 2 batch files, one to enable and one to disable task manager
and regedit.exe.
(no, I can't figure any reason why someone would want to disable them...)

What these do?

They modify your registry by creating (or overwriting) 2 registry keys
which control whether you are able to use task manager and registry tools.

Note: You may need to use this on all of the users on your PC,
as it edits the registry for the current user only. (HKEY_CURRENT_USER)

_________________
Stuff by me:
Bioshock [AA Script]
TaskManager Fix
Cheetah wrote:
Forum rep is serious business.



Last edited by Tofu on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atom0s
Moderator
Reputation: 155

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 7997
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh.. you took the info posted in other topics and made your own lol.. kinda pointless to be honest. The question got answered anyway in the topic that you are referring to.
_________________
- Retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tofu
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 620

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiccaan wrote:
Uh.. you took the info posted in other topics and made your own lol.. kinda pointless to be honest. The question got answered anyway in the topic that you are referring to.


The info in that topic was supplied by me.
So..

And this way it's more easier to find.

_________________
Stuff by me:
Bioshock [AA Script]
TaskManager Fix
Cheetah wrote:
Forum rep is serious business.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oib111
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 2947
Location: you wanna know why?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it was supplied by me, you just wrote it Wink
_________________


8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
atom0s
Moderator
Reputation: 155

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 7997
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first person to respond in the topic was me with a link to a site that has the info already given to what you did. I take no credit for the link but there are TONS of sites that example how to do it.

Some basic searching finds tons of sites to help with the problem:

enable task manager
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=enable+task+manager&btnG=Google+Search

fix task manager
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=fix+task+manager&btnG=Search

task manager has been disabled by your administrator
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=task+manager+has+been+disabled+by+your+administrator&btnG=Search

Takes less then two seconds to find the solution, and little to no brain power.

_________________
- Retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tofu
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 620

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ oib11

Ok, now I'm confused, there has been so many of these topics..

Ok, you posted a code to be used in a program,
I posted a method to be done using the command prompt, and the method 1.

So they are not entirely the same..

_________________
Stuff by me:
Bioshock [AA Script]
TaskManager Fix
Cheetah wrote:
Forum rep is serious business.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oib111
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 2947
Location: you wanna know why?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
awesome tanks!


edit: can u make one that allows regedit to run too?


Uh...that's more of if you're computer is on a server, and your not an administrator, the admin probably disabled regedit.exe.

_________________


8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tofu
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 620

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:

edit: can u make one that allows regedit to run too?


Here:
Code:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

_________________
Stuff by me:
Bioshock [AA Script]
TaskManager Fix
Cheetah wrote:
Forum rep is serious business.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuri25404
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 7

Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 955
Location: Why do you care?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is honestly pretty stupid. Not gonna keep hackers out, lol. I just patched a copy of task manager to ignore that (simply change the je to jmp). Basically like a crappy-ass crackme; search for all the "RegQueryValueEx" calls, check the params for "DisableTaskMgr" and the code will be

Code:

010054EA   .  50            PUSH EAX                                 ; /pBufSize
010054EB   .  8D85 20FCFFFF LEA EAX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3E0]           ; |
010054F1   .  50            PUSH EAX                                 ; |Buffer
010054F2   .  8D85 0CFCFFFF LEA EAX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3F4]           ; |
010054F8   .  50            PUSH EAX                                 ; |pValueType
010054F9   .  53            PUSH EBX                                 ; |Reserved
010054FA   .  68 B81A0001   PUSH taskmgr.01001AB8                    ; |ValueName = "DisableTaskMgr"
010054FF   .  FFB5 24FCFFFF PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3DC]              ; |hKey
01005505   .  C785 10FCFFFF>MOV DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3F0],4             ; |
0100550F   .  FF15 04100001 CALL DWORD PTR DS:[<&ADVAPI32.RegQueryVa>; \RegQueryValueExW
01005515   .  FFB5 24FCFFFF PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3DC]              ; /hKey
0100551B   .  FF15 00100001 CALL DWORD PTR DS:[<&ADVAPI32.RegCloseKe>; \RegCloseKey
01005521   .  399D 20FCFFFF CMP DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3E0],EBX
01005527   .  EB 4B         JE SHORT taskmgr.01005574


Change the "je" to a "jmp" and save the file, boom.

_________________
Wiccaan wrote:

Oh jeez, watchout I'm a bias person! Locked.


Auto Assembly Tuts:
In Depth Tutorial on AA
Extended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tofu
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 620

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuri25404 wrote:
This is honestly pretty stupid. Not gonna keep hackers out, lol. I just patched a copy of task manager to ignore that (simply change the je to jmp). Basically like a crappy-ass crackme; search for all the "RegQueryValueEx" calls, check the params for "DisableTaskMgr" and the code will be

Code:

010054EA   .  50            PUSH EAX                                 ; /pBufSize
010054EB   .  8D85 20FCFFFF LEA EAX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3E0]           ; |
010054F1   .  50            PUSH EAX                                 ; |Buffer
010054F2   .  8D85 0CFCFFFF LEA EAX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3F4]           ; |
010054F8   .  50            PUSH EAX                                 ; |pValueType
010054F9   .  53            PUSH EBX                                 ; |Reserved
010054FA   .  68 B81A0001   PUSH taskmgr.01001AB8                    ; |ValueName = "DisableTaskMgr"
010054FF   .  FFB5 24FCFFFF PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3DC]              ; |hKey
01005505   .  C785 10FCFFFF>MOV DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3F0],4             ; |
0100550F   .  FF15 04100001 CALL DWORD PTR DS:[<&ADVAPI32.RegQueryVa>; \RegQueryValueExW
01005515   .  FFB5 24FCFFFF PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3DC]              ; /hKey
0100551B   .  FF15 00100001 CALL DWORD PTR DS:[<&ADVAPI32.RegCloseKe>; \RegCloseKey
01005521   .  399D 20FCFFFF CMP DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-3E0],EBX
01005527   .  EB 4B         JE SHORT taskmgr.01005574


Change the "je" to a "jmp" and save the file, boom.


And how is this related to the original post?
It was never meant to "keep hackers out"
It was simply meant to enable task manager & regedit.

_________________
Stuff by me:
Bioshock [AA Script]
TaskManager Fix
Cheetah wrote:
Forum rep is serious business.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuri25404
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 7

Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 955
Location: Why do you care?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tofuli wrote:
And how is this related to the original post?
It was never meant to "keep hackers out"
It was simply meant to enable/disable task manager & regedit.


Fixed.

Usually, most thing that use such mechanisms are trying to disallow users from doing something. If a user wants to do something, and they have the abilities, they will do it, it's as simple as that. There is nothing you can do to prevent them from doing such things besides monitoring them 24/7, and just completely having no computer access at all; most of the time, neither are practical.

A lot of schools have certain protections such as these to keep students out of task manager and the registry and what not (my school only restricted task manager :D), but it's so pointless because users such as me (or other semi-knowledgeable members of this forum, and many other people in this world) will simply reverse the protection, and boom.

_________________
Wiccaan wrote:

Oh jeez, watchout I'm a bias person! Locked.


Auto Assembly Tuts:
In Depth Tutorial on AA
Extended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites