Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question that is realistic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wigger
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: A question that is realistic Reply with quote

I know alot of people come on here and ask questions like how can i cheat in this online game and stuff but im going to ask a realistic question.

I play final fantasy online, its a nerdy game i know but it is fun after a while. Recently there was an update changing the fishing system and i want to make a memory macro. So really i don't want to know how to "hack" the game this is my question....

My character starts off facing the water and i click fish to fish. He sits there and waits for something to catch his bait. Then the pole he is holding will bend right or left. Depending on which way the pole is bending i need to press left or right in the oposite direction of the pole to fight the fish and have a higher percentage of reeling it in. All i want to do is find this adress and value of the pole. I dont want to change it i just want to read it in a macro. The problem is i have searched unknown initial values and have had nearly a million results. So do any of you have any suggestions to narrow down search and find this adress? Could a packet viewer show what adresses are being used?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a single player game you'd just use the pause function in ce and for each different position do a scan, like increased,decreased. But for a online game that won't work because the time keeps running on the server. But if it's not serversided and it's just a minigame on your side, you could try it.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Wigger
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would be increasing and what will be decreasing? Its a good idea if i knew what would be what because god knows ill never find the adress with unknown initial. But everytime i use pause it disconnects be. Can I resume search after being disconnected with what i have aready found? Like it will complete the search and boot me right after then i would sign on and do the next step.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if the game uses dynamic memory allocation the addresses will be different. (and there's a 99.99999994% chance it is)

try a packetsniffer and see what data is send to you during fishing, perhaps the packets contain the values you need to scan for. (if it's not encrypted)
but perhaps someone else who reads this can help

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Wigger
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you rhelp by the way dark. Just to update on my progress if you care I couldnt find the pole value it was too difficult instead i found the fishing stamina bar adress so i am going a different rout in making my macro. Ill probably still look for the pole value but it inst as urgent now because i have somethign to work with. Anyways thanks again, love the program you worked so hard on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: