Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AVP2 trainer prob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moaats
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: AVP2 trainer prob Reply with quote

hay-o Surprised . Im trying to create a trainer for alien vs predator 2, and ive read your tutorials and i understand most of them, and i dont mean to sound like a noob, but i find the addresses for say, machine gun ammo, then go thru the pointer thing and i get a pointer address with the correct values and i can make a trainer with that,and it works very well, i restart the pc many times & it always works, prob is, when i try the trainer on another pc, the address changes, arent pointers supposed to fix that prob? im stuck. Shocked by the way cheat engine is the best trainer program/debugger ive found it rules. Smile
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be that you got a wrong pointer (propably the base pointer)
If the address is higher than 00900000 there's a high chance it has another pointer before it. and only noticable if something big changes on your comp (like a global dll that loads at a part of memory that the game normally uses)

And of course, if you can't get it to work, see if you can be happy with just a code replacement.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
moaats
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

but if it wasnt the right pointer then why does the code still work perfectly on the pc i made it on? er, maybe that doesnt matter eh? i'll install the game on my pc here at home at i'll show ya what i got on the next thread. oh, and what do ya mean by code replacement? is that where u just load the .ct file everytime? lol...im such a noob..... Rolling Eyes
moaats
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: ok now Reply with quote

in the game the pulse rifle starts out w/ 99 ammo. so i do all the searches & stuff & get 01155744 then i goto the check what address writes to this and get 01598175 ff 0c 88 - dec [eax+ecx*4]. EAX is 011554E0, and the ECX is 00000089, then when u do the math its 89*4=224 so then i search for 011554E0 then get 1 results of 011E26C4, then i enter that in pointer along with our offset of 224, and it works, always, but only on the computer i do it on. oh, and ive found another prob, even if i do successfully change the stats to 999 i can still run out of ammo & die.....on single player. whats up with that? thanks for any help u may be able to offer i havent seen any good trainers for avp2 on gamecopyworld or megagames, so i really wanted to create one. Wink
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That it changes even when you've frozen it can be because you've only found the visual representation.
Some games use several values, one real, and one to show on the screen. (e.g perhaps the actual ammo is stored as a double, but also as a 4 byte to show on the screen)

About the pointer. You'll have to find out whataccessess the pointer address you've found, and make that a pointer to pointer. And then again find what accesses that pointer.

moaats
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

sry to be annoying, but can the actual value also be say, a 2 or 8 byte? or float? but say it is a double, if i find the address that represents it, like 01155744, then how do i find the other address thats a double on CE? im new to CE so i dunno how to run everything, i used Tsearch b4 this, and i gotta say i like CE much much better. Question
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real value can be anything.
You'll have to do another scan using increased/decreased value. (and in the worst case a changed/unchanged scan)

moaats
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: nooo Reply with quote

argh. ive tried everything! the pointer solution didnt work, it just keeps going back to the original address, or it wont find anything else, and the increase/decrease didnt work, i just get the "one" address that i always get when i do exact search. and i check all addresses possible for the see what accesses/writes/reads and try to make pointers out of them but all i get is ??. and dont worry i know how to read the stuff in [ ] and i know how to tell what the offset is. and i ve tried replacing all the codes with one that does nothing, all i get from that is the ammo freezes at 99 and i can keep shooting but the clips will go down without reloading, then when the clips empty out it stops shooting, or sometimes when i replace certain codes w/ blank ones the gun will have 00 ammo and when i click shoot it just does the reload thing and stays at 00 over and over. and i cant find the clip address at all anywhere. please help! ANY IDEAS *AT ALL*???? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad
moaats
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok let me start over. ive successfully given a few weapons in the game true inf ammo, but only the ones that dont use clips, if the gun has, say, 750 ammo to start, then i can do the exact search thing and get 3 addresses for it then check what things write to them, and in that list there will be a subtract code that when replaced with a blank and the other 3 frozen i get inf ammo. but the ones with clips, say like 9 clips with 99 amo each in them, i will only find one address for them and when i check what writes to them i may get 2 or 3 things but no matter what i freeze or replace with blank codes the ammo still goes down even though it says 999. and usually 2 of the 3 address i find will be just [ecx] with an offset of 0, wich usually doesnt work a second time. no matter what i try for these, a increase/decrease, changed/unchanged, i always get the same stuff. I take the addresses and search for things that write to them and use those addresses with the offsets but they still wont work on any other pc i try them on. i tried searching for all the addresses that i got for pointers and it finds nothing, even when using the memory exception method. and ive tried using the find base pointer and recalculation, but i dont really understand those 2 things.....so i dont think what i got was valid. i think ive hit a brick wall again. im stuck Mad sorry i know this is probably very complicated to read
diamondjo
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: AVP2 trainers Reply with quote

Trainers dont work very well with AVP2 if you try to use them on another computer some thing to do with the way the game loads (not dma)
See any avp2 cheat forum and wont be any trainer section because they dont work. ( put more memory in own computer and they wont work)

Ammo and health straight search wont work all server side,
to increase health is done another way. (gives very good health or god mode health)
Ammo is also done another way can shoot nets out of knife
Text serch is very useful in avp2.
There is to much to put in one post
D!@mondjo

ps i sent moaats an email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: