Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Tutorial] Winsock Packet Editor Pro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkeys
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mega.co.nz/#!QEFX2Z5a!Gsv3jYQAwQLROsrWs3mo2kMXSERKrG-XcUFGclleoWM

I've uploaded the one I still had on my system to MEGA.
I'm not sure if WPE now has limits on which OS it works on, so it might be Win8 only.

or he's gonna feed all night.
Neo101ai
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] Winsock Packet Editor Pro Reply with quote

Hi there fellas
I really am sorry to be inappropriate like this and I do know that I am in the wrong place but since you are all gods of modders round here I left with no choice but to post this here and I really AM DESPERATE for help Sad
Please be kind and check this out and assist me if you can
I wanted to give the url for the post but I am not allowed so here is the summery of what the problem is.

((( Post subject: Chicken Invader 5 (unchangeable value)
Hello everyone
I am glad to be in your company after all these years hence I am kind of new around here and I am sure with your kind helps I will find my way around in a jiffy Smile

The problem I am having which I usually dismiss is this particular new game of an old franchise called Chicken Invaders 5. the problem is that I want to hack or modify some values of the game e.g. the number of keys or the number of health and etc. I did a straight forward search of the 4 byte values of the number and I come up with a single result and then I tried to change it, it changes in the table but in game I see no number change even after I change the number in the game by using them then I read some comments on similar cases and tried the unknown value search which was really really time consuming and nerve breaking, I started with 22Mil value result both on 4 byte search and ALL method search and started the decreasing increasing method but at the end and after 40 minutes I stuck with 110~ values (varies from search to search but it always get stuck at values more than 100) no matter what I do how much I change the values in game and do the next search they wont decrease to 1 or 2 or at least 10 they just remain at nearly 100 give or take some and the value indicator shows entirely different numbers and I really cant identify the exact value I am looking for and most of the times when go for all and change the values of the all the found address game crashes fast. after many trial and failure I noticed that the number of keys and the values are found (5~ values that change when I use the keys in game and they change in the table) are really odd, I mean I use 10 key to unlock something but the values goes up by 1 for each 10 so when I use 20 keys the value of those address goes by 2 points, I did change them 1 value at a time even in negative but nothing happens in the game (and I avoided the crashes which is odd) so please help me out on this one as I have encountered many just like this but this time I decided to take action and find out what the hell is going on with a simple 40MB game and why the hell is this hard to modify ! I really could use your help and I wrote as comprehensive as I can with all the details needed I expect your kind replies and I will keep monitoring this post every 10 minutes .
I thank you all who take your time regarding this matter in advance and I want you to know that I really do appreciate it Smile )))
the original text is in the single player section.

Thanks in advance and again I do really really apologize for posting in an inappropriate way, hope you understand please don't burn me for this.

Regards
Neo

Monkeys
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really isn't the place to put it. This tool is used mainly for games that communicate over network.

The issue you're having is most likely that the value you found is probably only an intermediary value.
The best way to find what values define these is to use the debugger and see what writes to these addresses and trace the steps backwards.

or he's gonna feed all night.
Neo101ai
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: I apologize Reply with quote

since it was out of desperation I am really sorry for this
but I have not used any debugger to trace the linked values and the source can you walk me through a bit or guide me in the right direction ?
any and all help will be most appreciated
once again I dearly am sorry to be in the wrong place

Yours
Neo

imnoto
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the tut Reply with quote

Monkeys, if your still active please PM me it will not let me pm you.

I have spent a bit over a month working on a game and figured out the md5 hash key so I can generate "valid" packets I'm 90% there just need a little help.
UCBravee01
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: vpe pro on bluestacs Reply with quote

Hey everyone , guys i have a problem i need to hack android game in bluestacks using a pc with wpe but i coudnt find true target program. can u help me , thanks a lot to everyone Very Happy
yeniaul
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Process not showing Reply with quote

Java processes don't show up.
pumpkin32
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I urgently need help Crying or Very sad I've been trying to find a solution for days with no luck...

Ok, here goes:

In WPE Pro, all Winsock 2.0 (WSA) packets show up without any problem. When I use the filter feature to modify values for any 'WSARecv' or 'WSARecvFrom' packet, it works BUT NOT for any 'WSASend' or 'WSASendTo' packet Crying or Very sad No matter what or how many different ways I've tried filtering any WSA Send packet, WPE Pro won't ever change any value. But it only works with Recv packets. What.

Also, what's weird is that if I try to modify/filter a Send packet (Winsock 1 and Winsock 2 (not WSA) only) with IP addresses, it works.

P.S All of the packets are not encrypted, btw.

So, I used RPE, hoping that this problem would be fixed, nope. Same problem BUT it's weird. This time, RPE won't ever log any WSA packets (Winsock 2.0 WSA) even though they are ticked in the Settings. RPE only shows regular Winsock 1.0 and 2.0 (not WSA). In RPE captured window, all the packets show IP addresses. Maybe it's a bug ? That if IP address = 0.0.0.0, RPE won't log such packets? I could be wrong. Because it doesn't matter ? 0.0.0.0 with port is normal if it's UDP ?

Regardless, both WPE Pro and RPE more or less produce the same problem. So, what can I do next to fix this problem?

I did this on Windows 7 (disabled Firewall). Same problem.
I also did this on Windows XP (virtual machine). Same problem...
synestra
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic...very useful
wolf2207
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Help please Reply with quote

I have wpe pro and I try to use on storm of wars but no packet show, any help please
DemonOfLight112
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Acurate Reply with quote

Is WPE is usable on newer games like Vindictus ? And great tutorial mate
Jamesnotbond
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone upload "Winsock Packet Editor Pro". I can't seem to find a download link to it anywhere Sad.
ajanuw
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the game I started in the target program list, but the cheat engine can find it, is there a new software that can replace wpe pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: