Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


your security setup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandboxie is shit guys, if you want to be safe use a fucking VM at least
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fafaffy
Cheater
Reputation: 65

Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
sandboxie is shit guys, if you want to be safe use a fucking VM at least
how is sandboxie shit? It works fabulously for everything I need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blablfy. wrote:
Brolock wrote:
sandboxie is shit guys, if you want to be safe use a fucking VM at least
how is sandboxie shit? It works fabulously for everything I need.
shit for security
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fafaffy
Cheater
Reputation: 65

Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
blablfy. wrote:
Brolock wrote:
sandboxie is shit guys, if you want to be safe use a fucking VM at least
how is sandboxie shit? It works fabulously for everything I need.
shit for security

Elaborate

Here's what I do:

"Oh, it's a suspicious file :O I'm going to sandboxie it while restricting the internet for it."

After I'm done:

"Oh u Very Happy [Sandboxie -> NoInternet -> Delete Content]"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
teeigeryuh
Master Cheater
Reputation: 25

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 260
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.

I download all my files with confidence.

Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.

And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.


You people disgust me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
potaters
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 969

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teeigeryuh wrote:
I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.

I download all my files with confidence.

Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.

And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.


You people disgust me.

Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.


Here is a current flash exploit:
Quote:
From the advisory:

When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played.


You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teeigeryuh
Master Cheater
Reputation: 25

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 260
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potaters wrote:
teeigeryuh wrote:
I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.

I download all my files with confidence.

Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.

And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.


You people disgust me.

Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.


Here is a current flash exploit:
Quote:
From the advisory:

When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played.


You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/


Doesn't really justify your whole list.

Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teeigeryuh wrote:
potaters wrote:
teeigeryuh wrote:
I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.

I download all my files with confidence.

Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.

And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.


You people disgust me.

Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.


Here is a current flash exploit:
Quote:
From the advisory:

When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played.


You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/


Doesn't really justify your whole list.

Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites?

Actually it happens to me a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
potaters
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 969

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teeigeryuh wrote:
potaters wrote:
teeigeryuh wrote:
I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.

I download all my files with confidence.

Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.

And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.


You people disgust me.

Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.


Here is a current flash exploit:
Quote:
From the advisory:

When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played.


You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/


Doesn't really justify your whole list.

Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites?

-Peerblock: For torrenting, lowers chances a lot of getting reported to my ISP, etc.
-Comodo firewall
-Key Scrambler (just in case): If I do happen to get infected and the malware does have a keylogger I will be immune.
-Sandboxie: running various applications, occasionally a sandboxed browser.
-A VM ready in case I need it: For malware research, testing other things I don't want on my machine.
-Password manager: If a site I go to is compromised and it is using a weak encryption (md5 for example) or someone is brute forcing a site my password would not be compromised.
-MBAM: just cuz
-FF with NoScript, HTTPS everywhere: prevent javascript based attacks, I use my internet in public places occasionally with no VPN. HTTPS and my packets cannot be read in plain text.


Also there have been many, many websites compromised because of a new vulnerability, or outdated software.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teeigeryuh
Master Cheater
Reputation: 25

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 260
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be REALLY lucky then
_________________

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Innovation
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 12

Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Posts: 617

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 15

Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spybot S&D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sui
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 7

Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 proxies
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teeigeryuh wrote:
potaters wrote:
teeigeryuh wrote:
I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.

I download all my files with confidence.

Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.

And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.


You people disgust me.

Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.


Here is a current flash exploit:
Quote:
From the advisory:

When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played.


You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/


Doesn't really justify your whole list.

Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites?
sometimes you have to download risky files bro, getting nudes of specific people off sketchy website links isn't the safest thing to do, but it is if you just use a vm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teeigeryuh
Master Cheater
Reputation: 25

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 260
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
teeigeryuh wrote:
potaters wrote:
teeigeryuh wrote:
I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.

I download all my files with confidence.

Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.

And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.


You people disgust me.

Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.


Here is a current flash exploit:
Quote:
From the advisory:

When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played.


You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/


Doesn't really justify your whole list.

Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites?
sometimes you have to download risky files bro, getting nudes of specific people off sketchy website links isn't the safest thing to do, but it is if you just use a vm

name these sketchy websites lul

who downloads nudes off sketchy websites? 4chan exists for a reason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites