Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


I need someone who is decent in Vb.NET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6550
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying what my dad's told me. He's got plenty of experience in that stuff (has worked at IBM for 16-17 years doing that shit), schooled me a lot when I went through a programming phase. I may get back into programming if I go to uni.

But yeah, VB is pretty much a requirement in the industry. Businesses often want quick and easy solutions, which VB tends to be very good at providing. Though it really does depend entirely on the job/position.
Still there's really no reason to not learn VB. Especially if you're new to programming.
And ignore the "it teaches bad habbits" because any habbits are easily broken anyway. Programmers need to be flexible.

_________________


Last edited by Up2Admin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

potaters wrote:
gogodr wrote:
potaters wrote:
gogodr wrote:
konr wrote:
Up2Admin wrote:
potaters wrote:
I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit.
It's pretty important if you want a professional job though.
...no

Here it is, in almost every office job it is a requirement to have knowledge of microsoft Excel which demands you to have a basic understanding of programming with VB.

I know how to use Excel and its formulas, why do you need vb...
I know you like to advocate for these .NET languages but VB does teach bad programming habits and encourage laziness.


if you dont know VB you can't really take advantage of excel's real power.
VB is not for applications programming, its a language for easy solutions.
Excel's certification includes basic training on VB and the excel's library.

You're kind of de-railing this conversation to these office jobs. I'm sure you can do some better stuff in excel with all the Macro's and what not you can make, but how many programmers are going to get Excel certified and try to know everything about Excel.

Point is there is a mentality that goes with a lot of VB stuff, they didn't have to even define variables before use (not sure if that's still true), ignore errors, etc. They don't want to know how it works, they just want it to do what they want, not the right way, or a proper way, just to get it how they want. This mentality will most likely effect a programmer as they continue to learn.

I fail to see when was this thread oriented for programmers.
I agree with you, VB is horrible for programming applications, it is not only slow but breaks with the complete standard of programming with other languages.
I personally hate VB's sintaxis , but still I know how to use it. This is because I'm used to C# and C++, but for non programmers that need programming tools for simple solutions without the need to hire a programmer or learn programming, VB is a great tool and that is why it is standard in business
VB practically is programming simple solutions for non programmers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1509

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right in a lot of ways but you don't need to be good at VB to get a job in most places nowadays. I've looked around a LOT of jobs and while it's an option for a lot of companies they ask you to be good at a list of things and usually those lists say EITHER VB.NET, C# or Java. A lot literally just ask for simple shit and say it'd be nice if you could code in one of the following and give a good list but barely any say VB.NET is the sole requirement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138

Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1757
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
You're right in a lot of ways but you don't need to be good at VB to get a job in most places nowadays. I've looked around a LOT of jobs and while it's an option for a lot of companies they ask you to be good at a list of things and usually those lists say EITHER VB.NET, C# or Java. A lot literally just ask for simple shit and say it'd be nice if you could code in one of the following and give a good list but barely any say VB.NET is the sole requirement.

Somewhat true. I wouldn't recommend VB.NET to a budding developer. I do find it more of a language for (IT) managers who need to create statistics in Excel or some shit. It's a very poor development language. Wouldn't say it's a requirement for most office jobs though.

Goto nextposter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 71

Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 1857

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
You're right in a lot of ways but you don't need to be good at VB to get a job in most places nowadays. I've looked around a LOT of jobs and while it's an option for a lot of companies they ask you to be good at a list of things and usually those lists say EITHER VB.NET, C# or Java. A lot literally just ask for simple shit and say it'd be nice if you could code in one of the following and give a good list but barely any say VB.NET is the sole requirement.

before you get a job, anything you say really holds no credibility lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1509

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
konr wrote:
You're right in a lot of ways but you don't need to be good at VB to get a job in most places nowadays. I've looked around a LOT of jobs and while it's an option for a lot of companies they ask you to be good at a list of things and usually those lists say EITHER VB.NET, C# or Java. A lot literally just ask for simple shit and say it'd be nice if you could code in one of the following and give a good list but barely any say VB.NET is the sole requirement.

before you get a job, anything you say really holds no credibility lol
There you go again being a retard. I have a job.
EDIT:
You fancy saying more things that are completely wrong so that others can point it out..?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 71

Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 1857

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sitting at home claiming welfare doesn't count as a job, connor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1509

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
sitting at home claiming welfare doesn't count as a job, connor
Not claiming welfare of any sort, because like I just said I have a job now. Are you incapable of reading?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 71

Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 1857

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Slugsnack wrote:
sitting at home claiming welfare doesn't count as a job, connor
Not claiming welfare of any sort, because like I just said I have a job now. Are you incapable of reading?

citation needed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1509

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not your bitch, just know you're wrong. Gotta go. Bye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 71

Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 1857

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Not your bitch, just know you're wrong. Gotta go. Bye.

i think we both know that's not true, connor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teeigeryuh
Master Cheater
Reputation: 25

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 260
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silly gaise :>
_________________

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know why you guys let slugsnack troll you so easily, he says the most ridiculous shit ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
(\/)_(;,,;)_(\/)
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 3

Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 1610

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogodr wrote:
konr wrote:
Up2Admin wrote:
potaters wrote:
I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit.
It's pretty important if you want a professional job though.
...no

Here it is, in almost every office job it is a requirement to have knowledge of microsoft Excel which demands you to have a basic understanding of programming with VB.


Pretty much, I'm co-working as a subcontractor at a high school for IT and VB is useful at so many times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6550
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP isn't required to get good. From what I'm understanding he just needs to know the basics for school. He should learn these basics in school though, not from us. You would acquire more credibility learning from school.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites