Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


The best way to begin university
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zacky
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 19

Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 808

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up2Admin wrote:
Zacky wrote:
Well, these aren't exactly gaming laptops, but they're quite high end. The left one in the photo is a Dell Studio 1747, retailing at ~$1500 I believe? It was a gift from my parents before grade 11 began.

The one on the left is a Dell XPS 17, retailing at ~$1700. Dell gave it to me for free surprisingly, so I'm quite happy about that.

Funny thing though, these two laptops are almost 100% stationary. I never have a need to move them.

Not at all high end, the XPS 17 has a GTX 550M doesn't it?

Yes, but with an i7-2670QM processor, it runs Black Ops and GTA 4 magnificently at the highest settings. Not sure if these two games can be considered as good performance tests though.
AverageAzn247 wrote:
Zacky wrote:
Well, these aren't exactly gaming laptops, but they're quite high end. The left one in the photo is a Dell Studio 1747, retailing at ~$1500 I believe? It was a gift from my parents before grade 11 began.

The one on the left is a Dell XPS 17, retailing at ~$1700. Dell gave it to me for free surprisingly, so I'm quite happy about that.

Funny thing though, these two laptops are almost 100% stationary. I never have a need to move them.

then y not get a desktop for 1/3 of the price and can be upgraded rather than replaced?

That would be a good idea, yeah. But my parents purchased the Studio 1747 for me as a surprise, so I didn't have much of a say, but I was happy with it being my main computer. It ran all of my software and games exceptionally well. The XPS however, was SE'd... I basically exaggerated an overheating issue I was having with my first laptop and they sent another.

So in the end, my particular situation seems to have made purchasing a laptop initially the better choice, rather than customizing a PC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Yeah use Onlive it has all your Steam friends

5/10 I believed it for a second, but it became obvious after I inspected the pixels.

1. Onlive is social-networkly superior, the way you drop in and out of games or just spectate or view brag clips is incredible, all Steam has is chatting.
2. Onlive lets you spend your money on games instead of hardware to run them on max settings, so it's much more affordable than traditional pc gaming. You will always get a stable vsync without even having a gpu. They also have sales that are as good as Steam, so that's another bonus.

The only downsides are:

1. You need an internet connection that is roughly ge_>16Mbps and a ping that is le<_100ms for stable and smooth gameplay. Anything above that and you'll have noticeable input lag in fps games. (so basically don't live in a 3rd world country)
2. Onlive isn't as popular as steam and therefor doesn't get as many titles added. They do, however, get pretty much all the same big name titles as Steam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1509

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>all steam has is chatting
>stable gaming at 120hz with a good fps and perfect latency is possible on onlive

ok cryoma keep being dumb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6550
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play games with shit/no internet too often for Onlive. Sorry.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites