Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


I think my mobo came DoA >_<! Look
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking it would be along those lines. Are you sure the front panel connectors were in the correct positions? That would be the simplest explanation, but it's possible there's a defect in the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh. and after I turned hit power and it didnt turn on, I went and read the manual for that section. Everything is fine, I might try to plug in only the power button

Edit:

That's weird.... I asked my sister to hold up the computer case, Iconnected the power header and hit the power button on the case, It worked...

This is real weird O_o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am I blind? because I can't see any standoffs... you're not just screwing your mobo straight into the case are you, because you'd be shorting it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
am I blind? because I can't see any standoffs... you're not just screwing your mobo straight into the case are you, because you'd be shorting it.


I didn't add screws to all places, I only put 5 screws. The 1st time I added them without the spacers (Big mistake) Now since I'm re-assembling it after getting it to work, I added the spacers. I got lucky the mobo didn't fk up when I did that. I hadn't noticed it lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kls85
I post too much
Reputation: 22

Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2757
Location: Under ur bed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
am I blind? because I can't see any standoffs... you're not just screwing your mobo straight into the case are you, because you'd be shorting it.


That's the first thing on my mind immediately when I saw the pics. If there were stand offs then you should see the board slightly elevated or cast a shadow.

And his cpu fan installation is incorrect. The fan clips on in the unlock position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
slovach wrote:
am I blind? because I can't see any standoffs... you're not just screwing your mobo straight into the case are you, because you'd be shorting it.


That's the first thing on my mind immediately when I saw the pics. If there were stand offs then you should see the board slightly elevated or cast a shadow.

And his cpu fan installation is incorrect. The fan clips on in the unlock position.


Rofl whoops, Didn't notice. Thanks for letting me know ahaha (my light is off and the arrows are hard to see since its black on black XD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vmanisme
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Posts: 458
Location: Google!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a tester and test the pins, but im 90% sure its the power supply, most video cards are hungry
_________________
HackPacks and More!
www.hackpacks.net
OWNER

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
slovach wrote:
am I blind? because I can't see any standoffs... you're not just screwing your mobo straight into the case are you, because you'd be shorting it.


I didn't add screws to all places, I only put 5 screws. The 1st time I added them without the spacers (Big mistake) Now since I'm re-assembling it after getting it to work, I added the spacers. I got lucky the mobo didn't fk up when I did that. I hadn't noticed it lol


nah, you generally won't damage anything from a short, but you may get some truly strange side effects if it does manage to start.
typically your PSU will trip and nothing will happen at all, like you described.


offtopic a bit, how hard was your stock intel cooler to install? sometimes they put up a hell of a fight clipping in.

anyway, enjoy the build.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 1st It was extremely hard as I was scared to push too hard and damage the mobo, But when I Realized thats how it is, it was easy =P! Just takes a bit of "Gentle pressure" lol, The 1st 2 clips go in easy the nthe last 2 take a bit of force to push in.

Also, I got it up and running... Now the problem is vista isn't picking up my modem so I got no internet on it >_<
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
At 1st It was extremely hard as I was scared to push too hard and damage the mobo, But when I Realized thats how it is, it was easy =P! Just takes a bit of "Gentle pressure" lol, The 1st 2 clips go in easy the nthe last 2 take a bit of force to push in.

Also, I got it up and running... Now the problem is vista isn't picking up my modem so I got no internet on it >_<


i had this problem.

the ethernet drivers that came on the disk didn't work on vista 64, I had to get them directly from gigabytes site.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
At 1st It was extremely hard as I was scared to push too hard and damage the mobo, But when I Realized thats how it is, it was easy =P! Just takes a bit of "Gentle pressure" lol, The 1st 2 clips go in easy the nthe last 2 take a bit of force to push in.

Also, I got it up and running... Now the problem is vista isn't picking up my modem so I got no internet on it >_<


i had this problem.

the ethernet drivers that came on the disk didn't work on vista 64, I had to get them directly from gigabytes site.


Heh. everything is working fine now ;o

I was looking for the realtek drivers then I realized I had the CD (I had forgotten about the CD that came with the mobo lol)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angerist
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 1011
Location: Australia.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to rewire the button. I've never even heard of that happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angerist wrote:
You might have to rewire the button. I've never even heard of that happening.


Everythings fixed now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites