Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Need a PC build on a budget
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
:^(
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 109

Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 689

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
ASN3S wrote:
Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
MBCDanny™ wrote:
I believe is better than Kingston HyperX T1


That 1 is 800 Mhz, The other one is 1066 MHz

I already added the HDD I chose (Extremely cheap for 640 GB)

The kingston RAM
Gigabyte Mobo
and the intel core 2 quad Q8200

So far its 400$

I still need the PSU (Waiting for him to answer my fan question)
an OS and an optical drive.


Why not try Windows 7? It doesn't hog resources and is quite effective.


They come with free upgrade to windows 7 ;o (That's what i'll be using)


In that case, I'd go with XP since it's probably cheaper than Vista, before upgrade.

_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Austin Powers
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're going to upgrade over 4GB memory then you'll need 64bit Vista/7

refer this link

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
:^(
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 109

Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 689

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MBCDanny™ wrote:
if you're going to upgrade over 4GB memory then you'll need 64bit Vista/7

refer this link


As stated before, he's getting a free W7 upgrade. ;|

_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASN3S wrote:
MBCDanny™ wrote:
if you're going to upgrade over 4GB memory then you'll need 64bit Vista/7

referlink


As stated before, he's getting a free W7 upgrade. ;|


@Your last post, XP doesn't come with W7 upgrade which is why I want vista lol

Also, Someone told me 64 bit was better, But If I buy 64 bit will playing games be the same?

(CS : S, Killing floor, Crysis, TF2, Garrys mod, Left 4 dead, Etc.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Austin Powers
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista can't let you play more games.
they always give some errors.
Windows 7 is better.
i heard that Windows 7 don't need disc to insert after installation is complete

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
:^(
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 109

Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 689

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
ASN3S wrote:
MBCDanny™ wrote:
if you're going to upgrade over 4GB memory then you'll need 64bit Vista/7

referlink


As stated before, he's getting a free W7 upgrade. ;|


@Your last post, XP doesn't come with W7 upgrade which is why I want vista lol

Also, Someone told me 64 bit was better, But If I buy 64 bit will playing games be the same?

(CS : S, Killing floor, Crysis, TF2, Garrys mod, Left 4 dead, Etc.)


Oh wut.
I dunno about bit, since I only know about the RAM difference.

_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zarr
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 915
Location: localhost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
ASN3S wrote:
MBCDanny™ wrote:
if you're going to upgrade over 4GB memory then you'll need 64bit Vista/7

referlink


As stated before, he's getting a free W7 upgrade. ;|


@Your last post, XP doesn't come with W7 upgrade which is why I want vista lol

Also, Someone told me 64 bit was better, But If I buy 64 bit will playing games be the same?

(CS : S, Killing floor, Crysis, TF2, Garrys mod, Left 4 dead, Etc.)

64 bit operating systems can theoretically be slightly faster than 32 bit operating systems (assuming this is on the same hardware and with less than 4GB of RAM or whatever it is). In reality, the only problem you might encounter will likely involve the running of 16-bit applications, which in this day and age is rather uncommon. I'd go with a 64-bit OS in the odd chance that you may want to add 4GB of RAM in the future for whatever reason.

@MBCDanny, just because a part worked for you under your budget doesn't mean that it's going to work for everyone else under their budget. For a $600 build sans the video card and monitor, an i7 920 is out of the question.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Cheetah
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 2758

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MBCDanny™ wrote:
my build for you is the best and no lagging issue's.
and im sure that intel core i7 everyone can afford.
nowadays everyone buys intel core i7 920.
thats the best build you could get from others.


You're an idiot. First you go over his budget by over $100. You act like an i7 is completely mandatory for older games, and that it's the only acceptable thing to get.

He could easily play those games with a nice dual core 8xxx, an i7 is not necessary.

Let's not even get started on how ridiculously overkill an i7 is for a 9500gt, which he specifically stated he would be using.

MBCDanny™ wrote:
you cant 'play games with no problem' unless your budget is $800 above


He listed specific games that aren't that resource heavy. You never even asked the resolution of his monitor either, so you assumed quite a bit here.

I know you have an i7 and you love it, that's great, but not everyone and their grandma needs a high-end quad.


MBCDanny™ wrote:
Vista can't let you play more games.
they always give some errors.


The only error there is user error.

MBCDanny™ wrote:
i heard that Windows 7 don't need disc to insert after installation is complete


I guess so, if you installed a no-cd crack like you could with any other OS.

MBCDanny™ wrote:
Windows 7 is better.


I would hope so.


MBCDanny™ wrote:
if you're going to upgrade over 4GB memory then you'll need 64bit Vista/7

refer this link


Wrong, any 64-bit OS will address more than 4GB of RAM, including XP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i missing anything?

i32[dot]tinypic[dot]com/2w397yf.jpg

I'm going to sleep (2 am) I'll check back on this thread when I wake up Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheetah
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 2758

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
Am i missing anything?

i32[dot]tinypic[dot]com/2w397yf.jpg

I'm going to sleep (2 am) I'll check back on this thread when I wake up Smile


Looks good, other than the generic PSU and the fact that you're actually buying an OS for whatever reason...

I would recommend a PSU from a better manufacturer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're in high school or college, you can more than likely get a free OS from MS.

MSDNAA is a beautiful thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheetah wrote:
Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
Am i missing anything?

i32[dot]tinypic[dot]com/2w397yf.jpg

I'm going to sleep (2 am) I'll check back on this thread when I wake up Smile


Looks good, other than the generic PSU and the fact that you're actually buying an OS for whatever reason...

I would recommend a PSU from a better manufacturer.


Well, The OS I've tired to well uhh, burn ISO's to DVDs but I never got the install to work, So =/ I would hate to order it without an OS only to find out I screwed up on the DVD burn again Lol.

Also, I like the PSU it has a lot of connections that I need for the fans im adding / case comes with. In total therewill be uhh 6 fans? (I need it to keep circulating the air in order to keep it cool because I play for hours) (By hours I mean more than 10 hours a day)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
Cheetah wrote:
Re-Activate Trance Lover wrote:
Am i missing anything?

i32[dot]tinypic[dot]com/2w397yf.jpg

I'm going to sleep (2 am) I'll check back on this thread when I wake up Smile


Looks good, other than the generic PSU and the fact that you're actually buying an OS for whatever reason...

I would recommend a PSU from a better manufacturer.


Well, The OS I've tired to well uhh, burn ISO's to DVDs but I never got the install to work, So =/ I would hate to order it without an OS only to find out I screwed up on the DVD burn again Lol.

Also, I like the PSU it has a lot of connections that I need for the fans im adding / case comes with. In total therewill be uhh 6 fans? (I need it to keep circulating the air in order to keep it cool because I play for hours) (By hours I mean more than 10 hours a day)


just get ImgBurn and burn the image at a nice, slow speed.

that's all there is to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so, My finished builds sub-total is 698, I didn't want to go above 650, But I had to because of the fans and extra cables meh and then the total was...... 772 >_<!!!! Why do they have to charge taxes Sad

Also, Everything was free shipping Except a 3$ cable. How much do you think the shipping was for a 3$ Cable?? That's right. 6$.... Twice the cost of the cable.

CPU :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115055

HDD :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218

Mobo :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128359

Case :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

RAM :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104098

CD/DVD Drive :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030

PSU :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182160

OS :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116677

And the extra things I'm getting for that ^

Fans :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999064
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999479

Thermal Paste :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835887010

Cables :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812816028
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119248

It's 698$ Sub-total

With taxes its 772$

A little more than I expected, But that's fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superweapons
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 1355
Location: The Internet. Where else?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build critique:

SATA and 4-pin molex are included with the motherboard and power supply, respectively. The thermal paste is unneeded, but it's cheap anyways (although that money could be much better spent on a hard drive upgrade).
Don't buy a Rosewill power supply. They have a bad reputation with a lot of their products, and it's that much more important to get a dependable power supply. The CMPSU-400CX will suffice and costs about $20 less.
A number of users here acquire their OS by other means, saving a lot of money on the build.

Don't forget to look at other places for your parts. Ex. Fry's brick and mortar has a decent deal on 4GB of RAM from Corsair. It's also might be a good idea to wait for Black Friday if your build isn't critical. That same RAM went on sale for $15 after MIR on Newegg and sold like hot cakes.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites