| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Helium Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 21 May 2011 Posts: 21
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:56 am Post subject: I need someone who is decent in Vb.NET |
|
|
| So, I need someone to tell me where I should start. Maybe even offer some practice Projects and advice. Lemme know whats good, I need to learn for a school course
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
gogodr I post too much
Reputation: 125
Joined: 19 Dec 2006 Posts: 2041
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am Post subject: |
|
|
| don't they teach you in the school course?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Helium Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 21 May 2011 Posts: 21
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Yes but I'm gonna try and skip beginner because I can two more creds dude
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 am Post subject: |
|
|
| start by installing gentoo
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Helium Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 21 May 2011 Posts: 21
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Visual Studio Ultimat 2012 bruh
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
gogodr I post too much
Reputation: 125
Joined: 19 Dec 2006 Posts: 2041
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 am Post subject: |
|
|
I would recommend you not skipping beginning classes.
do you have previous programming experience? I doubt it, since you are asking for a beginners course of vb.
I would recommend you to get the basics in school rather than on the internet. after Learning programming basics you can go on the internet and polish your knowledge.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
potaters Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72
Joined: 13 Apr 2009 Posts: 969
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 am Post subject: |
|
|
| I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:09 am Post subject: |
|
|
| potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
1929394839292057839194958 Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130
Joined: 22 Dec 2006 Posts: 1509
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:15 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Up2Admin wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though. | ...no
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
potaters Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72
Joined: 13 Apr 2009 Posts: 969
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:17 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Up2Admin wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though. |
And your reasoning is...?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
gogodr I post too much
Reputation: 125
Joined: 19 Dec 2006 Posts: 2041
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 am Post subject: |
|
|
| konr wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though. | ...no |
Here it is, in almost every office job it is a requirement to have knowledge of microsoft Excel which demands you to have a basic understanding of programming with VB.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
potaters Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72
Joined: 13 Apr 2009 Posts: 969
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:20 am Post subject: |
|
|
| gogodr wrote: | | konr wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though. | ...no |
Here it is, in almost every office job it is a requirement to have knowledge of microsoft Excel which demands you to have a basic understanding of programming with VB. |
I know how to use Excel and its formulas, why do you need vb...
I know you like to advocate for these .NET languages but VB does teach bad programming habits and encourage laziness.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 am Post subject: |
|
|
| gogodr wrote: | | konr wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though. | ...no |
Here it is, in almost every office job it is a requirement to have knowledge of microsoft Excel which demands you to have a basic understanding of programming with VB. | wat
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
gogodr I post too much
Reputation: 125
Joined: 19 Dec 2006 Posts: 2041
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:23 am Post subject: |
|
|
| potaters wrote: | | gogodr wrote: | | konr wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though. | ...no |
Here it is, in almost every office job it is a requirement to have knowledge of microsoft Excel which demands you to have a basic understanding of programming with VB. |
I know how to use Excel and its formulas, why do you need vb...
I know you like to advocate for these .NET languages but VB does teach bad programming habits and encourage laziness. |
if you dont know VB you can't really take advantage of excel's real power.
VB is not for applications programming, its a language for easy solutions.
Excel's certification includes basic training on VB and the excel's library.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
potaters Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72
Joined: 13 Apr 2009 Posts: 969
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:30 am Post subject: |
|
|
| gogodr wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | gogodr wrote: | | konr wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | I would recommend you do not go to any period you have anyone teaching Visual Basic. It's a piece of shit. | It's pretty important if you want a professional job though. | ...no |
Here it is, in almost every office job it is a requirement to have knowledge of microsoft Excel which demands you to have a basic understanding of programming with VB. |
I know how to use Excel and its formulas, why do you need vb...
I know you like to advocate for these .NET languages but VB does teach bad programming habits and encourage laziness. |
if you dont know VB you can't really take advantage of excel's real power.
VB is not for applications programming, its a language for easy solutions.
Excel's certification includes basic training on VB and the excel's library. |
You're kind of de-railing this conversation to these office jobs. I'm sure you can do some better stuff in excel with all the Macro's and what not you can make, but how many programmers are going to get Excel certified and try to know everything about Excel.
Point is there is a mentality that goes with a lot of VB stuff, they didn't have to even define variables before use (not sure if that's still true), ignore errors, etc. They don't want to know how it works, they just want it to do what they want, not the right way, or a proper way, just to get it how they want. This mentality will most likely effect a programmer as they continue to learn.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|