Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacking a mmorpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalagaraz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Hacking a mmorpg Reply with quote

Hi, I've been using memory editors and packet sniffers for awhile and know how touse them both pretty fluetly. Anyways, I've been invited to a couple closed betas and would like to try and hack them a bit, I have permission from admin ^_^. I've found a couple hacks using packet sniffer, though in the memory editing depart im not so good with multiplayer games. What kind of stuff can you do on a multiplayer game with a memory editor? Most things like health, money, etc... are all kept serverside but I've heard there are other things you can do.

For example like a speedhack, or something like that. I think I read to do speedhack you turn on autorun search 1, stop running search 0 then repeat. then freeze it or something. Never had any success with that though.

If anyone could help me out here, I would be much appreciated.

EDIT: While I'm at it, in single player games there are hacks to like change for example the strength on an item, or add more enhancements. How would you do something like this?
pierroth
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx God some1 send this guy! I freakin need to know that toooo!!! OMG I Luv u man, if some1 answers give the right answers !! thank you!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a packet editor can do a hack, then a memory hack can do it as well.
Just hook the winsock api using ce, and then write a routine that does some filtering there.

But you can also do other stuff. E.g in some games you get to see a healthbar for players that are in the same team as you. With a little modification you can make it to show the healthbar of everyone. (usually changing one je to jmp or just nop it)

and of course, if you're into making screenshots just set your money very high and take a screenshot. Sure, it's fake, but then you can deny that the image is edited.

about speed in a online game, find the routine thatdetermines if you can attack or not, and then modify the routine to always say that you CAN attack.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Kalagaraz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
If a packet editor can do a hack, then a memory hack can do it as well.
Just hook the winsock api using ce, and then write a routine that does some filtering there.

But you can also do other stuff. E.g in some games you get to see a healthbar for players that are in the same team as you. With a little modification you can make it to show the healthbar of everyone. (usually changing one je to jmp or just nop it)

and of course, if you're into making screenshots just set your money very high and take a screenshot. Sure, it's fake, but then you can deny that the image is edited.

about speed in a online game, find the routine thatdetermines if you can attack or not, and then modify the routine to always say that you CAN attack.

cool thanks, anything else you can do? Was looking around forums and saw some stuff where you can jump and then do increased value, then decreased when you land. and repeat that and you can freeze yourself in air to fly or something. I figure this would work on a lot of 3D games seeing as I would doubt server keeps track of everyones exact position so it would be clientside.

EDIT: Also how does a game detected if you've poked memory? I was collecting information on item codes in inventory slot 7 and got 7-8 items, then thought I would try and change the item to another item, so I entered data for other item and changed it and game poped up "Hack Detected". How would you get around this? I doubt this would have any effect on online play, but it would be cool for screenshots.

I'm guessing I would have to find the address that modifies it and do it from there?

This probally won't help at all for anyone to answer my question, but just in-case ill post what I know below:

Item information is contained in 4 addresses

00991CCB - 00991CCC - 00991CCD - 00991CCE

The 4th I've discovered contains information for the type of item, and thats all I've really found out about that since I don't have many items to test with.

The address: 004ed978 modifies it when I equip the item from slot 7
The address: 004ee245 modifies it when I remove the item and it goes into slot 7

and the ASM for both of those is: move edi, 00991C31

probally would help if I learned ASM ^_^.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: