Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help to understand how to find the static address.[UPD]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miimee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: Need help to understand how to find the static address.[UPD] Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to learn how to work CE, but I still have difficulties to find static adress.

I'd like to eventually make a table for Virtua Tennis 3 on RPCS3.

For the moment I manage to block the time count, but to make a table I need to find the static address and I'm not very good at that.

If I understand correctly to find the static address I have to calculate this : [RAX+RBX+20]
So 237DBE30 + 300000000 with an offset of 20 right?
Except that I don't understand how to add the offset

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I hope someone will be able to explain to me so that I can progress in the future.

Thx.

CE_VT3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  632.18 KB
 Viewed:  590 Time(s)

CE_VT3.jpg

Miimee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that no one is answering, if my question doesn't make sense, please tell me.
I'm a beginner and I still have a hard time understanding what will make sense to someone who has a lot of experience with Ce.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLDR: this isn't something a beginner should be doing.

An emulator's job is to run some software designed for a completely different architecture on native hardware. Analyzing the emulated software from the perspective of native hardware (i.e. using CE on an emulated game) is simply weird.

Ideally, you'd know the memory structure of the emulated architecture and could use that to better understand the semantics of the values you see when debugging the emulator itself. Maybe RBX (i.e. 300000000) is the address the emulator put the guest architecture's memory at, RAX (i.e. 237DBE30) is some static address in the emulated application, and 20 is some offset that's being used for some reason.

It could be more complicated than that if the emulated application is dynamically allocating memory non-deterministically. Then, there's really 2 pointer paths: one from the emulator to the emulated architecture's memory, and another in the emulated architecture's memory to the value you want to find. Of course, all addresses in the emulated architecture's memory probably don't directly relate to the virtual addresses in the native architecture. The emulator probably keeps the emulated architecture's addresses separate from native addresses (e.g. see RAX / RBX above), maybe the emulated architecture uses big endian for addresses, and you might even have to deal with something like far pointers and memory segmentation.

Using code injection to get the address (i.e. "injection copy") might not be a good idea either. If the emulator uses an interpreter, that instruction probably accesses millions of addresses (an extreme instance of the CE tutorial, step 9), and if it uses a JIT compiler, the assembly output might not be deterministic (and shared code might still be a problem).

Unless the emulated architecture and the emulator itself are simple, I don't know of any good way to automatically get the addresses of values. Maybe someone else does: try searching for cheat tables of other games played on that same emulator and learn from them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: