Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I cannot change a value I found..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bshi02
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject: I cannot change a value I found.. Reply with quote

I found a value of address which display same number of date in game(steam version of Princess Maker refine1), So I tried to change this value but It won't be changed.
I heard that If I can break and trace from the display value instruction to the instruction where the actual value is kept.It would be possible to find genuine address.
Is there any tutorial which has any example of finding genuine address by making use of break and trace in cheat engine?
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot easier than it sounds. You'd need to be incredibly lucky or have intimate knowledge of reverse engineering.

Do an unknown initial value and changed/unchanged scans for all value types. Maybe you'll find the real value.

bshi02
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:

Do an unknown initial value and changed/unchanged scans for all value types. Maybe you'll find the real value.

Yes. In fact, a half day ago, I finally found genuine address by making use of this "unknown initial value and changed/unchanged scans for all value types".
But It fully took more than 3 hours for me to find genuine address,Because It tooks more than 30mins to narrow down address results to approximately one thousand, and I have to freeze each of value in order to identify whether it is genuine address or not.
And to make matters awfully worse,"freezing each of value" sometimes results in application(PM1 refine) crash. Then I have to repeat this "unknown initial value and changed/unchanged scans for all value types"and narrow down address results to approximately one thousand,Because most result address is not static address but dynamic addresses..

I think that If I know the way find genuine address by break and trace method in cheat engine,It will completely replace this trial and error method of "unknown initial value and changed/unchanged scans for all value types".
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost certain that scanning for unknown values is both easier and faster than what you're trying to do, but if you insist, start learning x64 / x86 assembly and very basic reverse engineering knowledge. Using that knowledge, you can look at what writes to that address and figure out where it comes from.

There's no tool that will do this for you. Break and trace isn't even that useful except for moving up the callstack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: