Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[help] older games issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hidden_Agenda
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject: [help] older games issues Reply with quote

I have been trying to assist with an older game.
Unfortunately, I've come across a few hurdles.

The second, most recent game was Fitznik
Available at myabandonware
version 1.3

A few odd quirks I've noticed is that if the value of Bombs on the map (Level 53) are exceeded by the player (giving the player 5+ bombs causes issues)
Issues:
1) The item area that shows your number of bombs explodes
2) The bombs placed afterward never explode and enemies ignore them
3) The bomb after the 6th, as mention is ignored, but it also will be moved to the next place you set a bomb.
4) Depending on how many bombs you give the player, the others on the map will be unable to be picked up.
5) Might freeze the game if the values are frozen before picking up a second of four bombs.

The CT includes notes in the "Table Extras" section, as well as values in the Code List.

Note: NOPing both Dec, eax and dec 4AF124 (which are the same value) works until issue 3 arises, also issue 5.
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible the code explicitly counts out what to do with the first bomb, the second bomb, and so forth. So perhaps when you get to the 6th bomb the code doesn't actually know what to do with it?
Hidden_Agenda
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no clue, honestly.
I know the other bombs, if NOPing the two dec areas for bombs, that once you pass the amount you have actually picked up. If any remain on the map they will disappear....

They can be dropped anywhere on the map....
I'm guessing there's a check somewhere.
Only other files for the game is one for audio (fmod.dll) so, that's out as an external check (like xlive)...
I've been looking through older posts and youtube videos to see about where the check could be.

While playing normally, even the GUI doesn't assume you'll have all 4 bombs at once, given the display for the bomb goes "blank"/"Empty" after picking up the fourth.

NOPing the two dec (1 for the actual value, the second for where the value is stored as well stored in eax.

Maybe a backtrace is necessary, I'm clueless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: