Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is going on with these coordinates??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ls_52
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:52 am    Post subject: What is going on with these coordinates?? Reply with quote

Well guys i am so sorry. I though I would be able to find coordinates by myself but there is something that I can't solve... It is very frustrating and embarrassing to me because I said in my last post that I didn't need help with finding coordinates, but I actually need it Sad
What I am trying to do is to get free camera to IdolM@ster Starlit Season. The gamwas developed with UE4 but UUU does not work here, and noone has made any ct or mod for the in-game camera (no photo camera), so I decided to do it myself, but it is harder than I thought.

For that task, I did what everybody does in these cases: First scan with unknown initial value and then increased value or decreased value depending on what the game does and what I'm trying to find.
I started with what I thought it was camera up/down (z). I found the address, used a pointerMap to track it and don't lose it and... oh.. it wasn't 'z'. It actually is pitch Confused ... ok... next one
I see the camera goes left to right. Same method. I found the address, used a pointerMap to track it and.... omg it wasn´t 'x'. it actually is yaw ???? wtf

At this point I was a bit upset.,.. I saw the camera went foward and backward. Let's get it! Found the address, pointerMap... oh wait!! It is a zoom!!!! omg!! What is this!! I went on finding other and I found something like FOV.....

At this point, I just was very tired and I took what I found (pitch, yaw, zoom and fov) and I nop-ed them, changed their values to 0 and saw what the game did. And what I found?? The camera is close to the end of the scenario, going up and down, left and aright and back and forward following the selected idol.

I tried to apply the same method here to get the camera x y z coordinates but does not work. At the end, I have 150-500 memory addresses and none of them has any effect over the camera... whats going on??
Naturally, I tried increased values and decreased values in every direction, in case I was wrong when I choosed the coordinates origin...

I am so confused... Am I doing something wrong? Or this game is so hard to hack the camera? Is It out from my capabilities? May be, noone could make a free cam in this game, may be it is impossible.... i don't know...

People what do you think?
ls_52
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any ideas?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may try looking at the data structure, as such values are usually close together. You may also experiment with different data types.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coordinates you're looking for might be temporaries generated from other values. e.g. there might be a "camera target" coordinate, distance from target, and Euler angles / a quaternion representing orientation. Or maybe the camera stays still and everything else is moving. IDK

Think about studying linear algebra and 3d game development. If you don't know the basics of how a 3d world is transformed onto a 2d surface (and by extension how this stuff is stored in memory), you're going to have a bad time for anything but the most basic of cases.

ls_52
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
You may try looking at the data structure, as such values are usually close together. You may also experiment with different data types.

I'll try it. I'm still too noob but definetely I'll try it

ParkourPenguin wrote:
The coordinates you're looking for might be temporaries generated from other values. e.g. there might be a "camera target" coordinate, distance from target, and Euler angles / a quaternion representing orientation. Or maybe the camera stays still and everything else is moving. IDK

Think about studying linear algebra and 3d game development. If you don't know the basics of how a 3d world is transformed onto a 2d surface (and by extension how this stuff is stored in memory), you're going to have a bad time for anything but the most basic of cases.

omg if that is so, it will be a pain in the @$$ to me Laughing i know something about lineal algebra but i'm too noob in game development. I still need to learn more about this. This game is too much for me right now.

By the way, in this game there is a mode called Stage for You (S4U). I want camera control in this game mode. By googling a lot, I found a japanese forum where people said they could modify the camera in this game by editing the file S4UCameraConfig.uasset. That file seems to be stored inside the paks file. I'll try it too... it seems this is the easiest way people found to make camera mods
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: