Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with some basic knowledge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ls_52
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:13 am    Post subject: Help needed with some basic knowledge Reply with quote

Hi guys!!

I'm new over this great underworld Laughing (sorry for my rusty english, please, be pacient with me Embarassed )
I managed to complete the 6 basic steps of CE and I think I don't understand some basic things about it.

What I wanted to do is to be able to control the camera (of certain game) with a controller. I quickly discarted that last task (... "with a controller") because I think this requires LUA scripting (I need to learn that before).

So I decided that I settle for be able to control the camera with new values through CE.

After some time, I was able to find the address where 1 coordinate is stored (I'm pretty sure I am able to find the other ones without help) and I also know what instruction is writting that address:

see attached image

I modified that value and the game camera started to shake. I guess this is because that instruction is trying to correct the position, so at this point I nop-ped it and the camera stoped that shake and I was able to completely control that axis.

Here is the problem (please, correct me if I am wrong) . What I am modifying is the memory address. If I restart the game (what I did), that coordinate won't be stored in the same memory address and I won't be able to control that axis. I will have to find the memory address again. I know that because I made that mistake Embarassed

How can I tell CE to remember the instruction (not the memory address) to be able to still control the axis even if I restart the game? I am sure this is a basic task but I am unable to do that Sad

Somebody can help me?

EDIT: I have no enough permissions to reply my own post. I solved that. It was easier than I though. Thank you guys so much anyway!! Very Happy

ce.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.89 KB
 Viewed:  947 Time(s)

ce.PNG

LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use copy injection template (Step 9 in the tutorial accessible via the help menu within CE)

Assuming the opcode visible in the foreground window is correct, RBX will hold the address of the pointer. B98 is the offset to the co-ordinate.
ls_52
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeFiXER wrote:
Use copy injection template (Step 9 in the tutorial accessible via the help menu within CE)

Assuming the opcode visible in the foreground window is correct, RBX will hold the address of the pointer. B98 is the offset to the co-ordinate.

Thank you so much. I found out how to do what I wanted. I edited the post with that info since I could not reply my own post 😁

Greetings!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: