Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help : Log window with colored labels and hover text pop ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peddroelm
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject: Help : Log window with colored labels and hover text pop ups Reply with quote

example from my mod for Battle Chasers on nexus

I used a queue to hold the 'lines' of labels info (arrays) .. Convenient way to pop latest line when log size > max size before inserting new 'lines' ..
Lua table will work great for ths

The arrays of labels info (text, text color, hover text ) should also work as lua tables ..

Maybe add verbosity index for each line (on keyboard shortcut) and only draw lines with verbosity >= n ..

Maybe add 'depth' index for some sort of on line click event expand / collapse functionality .. (probably not worth it .. too hard)

I can figure out the lua tables (new / insert at end index / remove at index 1) .. Make new line array of labels info table .. Insert labels info .. Insert line table into log table (pop oldest first if needed)..

The log form/window can sit on second monitor or fullscreen show/hide keyboard shortcut on top of the game window (running in windowed mode)

ability to drag select (plain) text to paste it somewhere else (without color info) also nice bonus ..

What I need help with is CE specifics for the form controls (make label) on (re)draw .. mouse events on label (hover) / click line (or first label on line ) ..?)...

[/img]
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See celua.txt

There you will find ample functions to create controls with the set properties you so desire. Also listed are the methods each control has available. The most typical method would be control.OnClick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: