Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've had an idea for a game program for a long time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotanidea
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:42 pm    Post subject: I've had an idea for a game program for a long time Reply with quote

I used ChatGPT to give advice on how to get it developed. It suggested basically getting help from actual game devs or coming here. Without giving my idea away, it's basically an app that can edit/delete a file/files based on something happening in game. I believe it could be incredibly popular, I've even made a video explaining it.

I know games very well, but like most gamers don't know a single thing about creating something like this. This program would cost money, I believe it could be very popular with streamers, thus encouraging their viewers to buy it as well. I have funds to pay for development so if anyone is capable of creating something like this, let's talk!

As long as you're able to what ChatGPT said "reverse engineering" game code or files, the program should be very easy to make. (I assume, as an ignorant poster).
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods for games like this already exist, just more or less specific to the given game and needs/purpose. Depending on what you have in mind, there are also potentially better things that can be done than deleting/editing files on disk as I/O operations like that just add unneeded wear and tear on drives.

Such as, if the information being handled from the game is being written to a file for use elsewhere, it's better to just create some direct means of connection between the two apps/things instead.

Hard to really give any kind of other suggestions/info since you didn't really share much to go on.

Chuck1982
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: I've had an idea for a game program for a long time Reply with quote

gotanidea wrote:
I used ChatGPT to give advice on how to get it developed. It suggested basically getting help from actual game devs or coming here. Without giving my idea away, it's basically an app that can edit/delete a file/files based on something happening in game. I believe it could be incredibly popular, I've even made a video explaining it.

I know games very well, but like most gamers don't know a single thing about creating something like this. This program would cost money, I believe it could be very popular with streamers, thus encouraging their viewers to buy it as well. I have funds to pay for development so if anyone is capable of creating something like this, let's talk!

As long as you're able to what ChatGPT said "reverse engineering" game code or files, the program should be very easy to make. (I assume, as an ignorant poster).

The disk I/O operations would be fairly easy to write, the actual file management side - However, to make a program that worked universally on all games to see what is actually happening in-game would be pretty impossible.
syevale123
How do I cheat?
Ban

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject: Important Reply with quote

OK thanks for your post.

BanBanned by Dark Byte at Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:39 am. Expires: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:39 am
Reason: Thank you as well for showing us your plan to spam on this forum. It is greatly appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: