Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacking unchanging value in Metal Slug Defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quentino
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Hacking unchanging value in Metal Slug Defense Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I would like to hack Evaluation Points in Metal Slug Defense.

My setup:
Running Metal Slug Defense 1.46.0 on BlueStacks 5.5.100.1040 N32

Background:
Metal Slug Defense has 3 types of currency, 1 normal currency (MSP), 1 Premium Currency (Medals) and 1 special Multiplayer like currency called Evaluation Points. Normally you gain Evaluation Points by playing either 1vs1, 2vs2 or cooperative Battles online. This works with Google Play, but unfortunately, I can not, for the heck of it, log in into Google Play in Metal Slug Defense. The buttons on the title screen are not working and I dont get the prompt to choose my user. Since some really cool units are locked behind those Evaluation Points I would love to hack some points to unlock the units.

My Problem:
I have no problem searching for a value and rescan when the value changes. Since I am not able to change the Evaluation Points because online play does not work, this value is never changing.
When choosing the corresponding process in Cheat Engine and searching for the value 0, I am getting more than 260 Millions of Addresses having that value.
I am searching for a method to be able to identify the address of the value of the Evaluation Points to be able to unlock those units.

I found the following topics discussing something similar:
[removed because forum told me I am not allowed to]

Unfortunately these did not help me, as I have to admit besides searching for a value and rescanning when it changes, I have not done more with Cheat Engine yet and I am completely lost here how I could try to tackle that problem.

They are talking about "related addresses" but I am not sure how that could translate to this ingame currency. Even if I knew, I would still be lost how I could narrow down the possible addresses for the value I am searching.

I hope you can help me with this! Smile

Bye, Quentino
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont mention that the game is online. Find the instruction that access the other two currencies when opening the store and It should show you the address holding the third type have none of. If you edit it and it stays, great, otherwise it it likely stored server sided and you have no chance.
Quentino
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooleko wrote:
Dont mention that the game is online. Find the instruction that access the other two currencies when opening the store and It should show you the address holding the third type have none of. If you edit it and it stays, great, otherwise it it likely stored server sided and you have no chance.
Hey, thanks for the reply! The game has an online portion, that's correct but main focus is definitely the Single Player Missions and as I said I cannot even access the online content because it refuses to login with Google Play, I am just interested in the units which are locked behind the currency you get by playing online.
So if I find the address from the other two currencies (which I did and changed successfully in the past so it should not be server sided) how exactly can I search for the third? I don't know how to do that within Cheat Engine, so I would require a deeper explaination.
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the offset between the other two and check the neighboring addresses at similar displacement and you might get lucky.

"Find what accesses" (its a right click the address option) the other two addresses when doing something that should operate on all three around the same time. It may reveal the third address once you "see what addresses this instruction accesses" once you found the instruction.

The cheat engine tutorial will help you learn the basics of these features, so attach it to itself and give it a go!
Zaladine
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emulator usually pipelines the same function to read/write any value, thus "Find what accesses" to any address won't help much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: