Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP with Step 2 of the tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustMeJohn
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject: HELP with Step 2 of the tutorial Reply with quote

when I enter PW=090463 and press enter I get the following error code: "Scan error:thread 0RazzW=090463 is an invalid value (100)". I ran this scan on 000025E0-Tutorial-x86_64.exe and 0000409C-Tutoral-i386.exe. Well, what am I doing wrong?? Inquiring minds want to know! Thank you!
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In step 1 of the CE tutorial, you should see a box with a "Password" label and an "OK" button near it.

In step 2, where it says "Step 2: Exact Value scanning (PW=090463)", the part "PW=090463" means "The password is 090463".

Basically this password lets you quickly jump to certain steps in the tutorial. It has absolutely nothing to do with what actions you're suppose take in CE to progress through the tutorial.

Read the text in the tutorial and do what it says. (scroll to read more text)

There are also plenty of tutorials online walking through how to complete the CE tutorial if you need more help.
e.g. video by Dark Byte:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDLqr4VlGR8

Last edited by ParkourPenguin on Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're entering the password in the wrong area. You should enter it in the lower-right text field of the tutorial window.

JustMeJohn
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject: HELP with Step 2 of the tutorial Reply with quote

Well, I be John Brown, that worked! It better when I get my head out of my ass and read the tutorial instead of jumping around. Thanks for your answer and your tiime! I hope you have a great evening.

[quote="ParkourPenguin"]In step 1 of the CE tutorial, you should see a box with a "Password" label and an "OK" button near it.

In step 2, where it says "Step 2: Exact Value scanning (PW=090463)", the part "PW=090463" means "The password is 090463".

Basically this password lets you quickly jump to certain steps in the tutorial. It has absolutely nothing to do with what actions you're suppose take in CE to progress through the tutorial.

Read the text in the tutorial and do what it says. (scroll to read more text)

There are also plenty of tutorials online walking through how to complete the CE tutorial if you need more help.
e.g. video by Dark Byte:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: