Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with coding injection breaking the game (Elona+ Custom)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeleRegis
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Help with coding injection breaking the game (Elona+ Custom) Reply with quote

I'm fairly noob at game hacking, and i'm trying to make basic scripts such as damage and defence multipliers and such in Elona+ Custom, but everytime i try to inject a code, or change the tiniest thing in the code, the game gets graphic bugs and ends up crashing. I'd attach a screenshot of the code i try to change, but would be pointless since the problem persist with ANY instruction.

I honestly have no idea what i'm missing
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing an example script for others to look at.
BeleRegis
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
You're missing an example script for others to look at.

Ok, i've attached screenshot of the code in question, an instruction substracting my PC health. Completely unchanged, as any minor change in any part will cause a crash for some reason

although i've read somewhere in the forum that this exact problem could be because the injection should be before the instruction is executed or something alike, but i'm at a loss, since i'm not proficient with assembly

Elona.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.11 KB
 Viewed:  2233 Time(s)

Elona.png

Elona2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.93 KB
 Viewed:  2233 Time(s)

Elona2.png

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sound of it, enabling the script as is with no modifications to the original code is fine (i.e. does not crash the game). If so, right click on the instruction `sub [eax],ecx` in the disassembler and select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses". Play the game for a little bit and see if any other addresses come up. If it does access more addresses than you want to affect, see step 9 of the CE tutorial.

Minor note: I'd recommend using the "Full injection" template over the "Code injection" template as it asserts the code at the address is what you presume it to be. This won't fix your problem; it's just better practice.

BeleRegis
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
From the sound of it, enabling the script as is with no modifications to the original code is fine (i.e. does not crash the game). If so, right click on the instruction `sub [eax],ecx` in the disassembler and select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses". Play the game for a little bit and see if any other addresses come up. If it does access more addresses than you want to affect, see step 9 of the CE tutorial.

Minor note: I'd recommend using the "Full injection" template over the "Code injection" template as it asserts the code at the address is what you presume it to be. This won't fix your problem; it's just better practice.

Thanks a lot for your time! I'll give it a try and see how it goes
BeleRegis
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:

it worked out! I'm truly grateful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: