Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help finding achievement addresses/values (not steam)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcansel
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Help finding achievement addresses/values (not steam) Reply with quote

I searched for info about it and know that achievement values can be boolean values but i also saw someone say they may not be booleans, since i never ever searched for this kind of values before, i m having a hard time figuring out what approach i should be taking to get them. I tried to search for unknown initial values as 4 bytes, then did changed/unchanged searches when i select an achievement. Changed for when i select another achievement and unchanged when i remain on the selected achivement then i checked some address and some instructions to see if i could find a pattern that showed me 1 or 0, or at least a number for when the achivement has been done or a 0 for when it is not done, but to no avail, i m just assuming here though, i am not sure if this is how i should be approaching this.
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way is using ultimap. See what functions activate only when getting an achievement. Trace those to see what structure holds achievements, then edit them as you desire.

You could assume that a list holds achievements which are granted, and search a 0, 1, 2, etc for the length of the list as it increase when achievements are granted. Likely looking for a pointer with a unique achievement ID and a timestamp.

You could find an achievement with a counter. Look for the counter, trace the function that triggers it and look at what calls it, trace that parent function once the achievement is met and see which new jump it makes upon completion to find the structure for them.

If achievements give you an in-game reward, you can trace what writes those rewards and look at functions called around there to identify the structure.

There a usually many ways to accomplish your goal, you just need to take some time to think about how the game works so that you may cleverly arrive at your hack.

Be aware that games are all crazy, in the past, some even stored achievements in the registry. Don't be against looking outside the game itself for a way to accomplish your goal.
Arcansel
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately i don't have an intel cpu to be able to use ultimap, i did try using code filter, i did make it work fine 2 times, but for some reason now it makes the same game that worked crash when using it, that is why i was looking for an alternative approach or common ways of tackling this kind of value/s for at least i could have the general ideia on how i can find these values. I will say this though, in those 2 times that codefilter worked, i checked some instructions and they were all either "push rbx" or an opcode that was using that same "rbx", but take into account that i searched this value when selecting an achievement not when i unlock it, that is because the game does not show the conditions to unlock any condition until you actually unlock them, making it harder to know when and which achievement is being unlocked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: