Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBKernal.dll - "Windows7 is not supported OS Version&qu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlh
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: DBKernal.dll - "Windows7 is not supported OS Version&qu Reply with quote

Here's a quick run-down of my goal, in case I'm on a rabbit trail. I wanted to build CE from source to work with a game in BlueStacks. I downloaded the git code, as well as Lazarus and installed all the files in the tutorial.

It built and ran fine. I fired it up, fiddled with it, (I'm a dev and I've used tools like this, so I ignored the tutorial. Shame!)

Anyway, my searches were useless, so I googled. Working with BlueStacks, one consistent instruction is to go to:

Settings->Extras->Check 'Read/Write Process Memory'

I did this and I was getting an error "You are missing the driver...'

After a couple of Google searches, it pointed me here and it sounds like I need a "DBK64.sys" file.

Alright, well since I'm not installing this application, I guess I need to build that. I couldn't find anything specifically telling me how to do that, but after snooping around I found the folder DBKKernal in the root, and I tried to build it. Didn't work. Googled it and then I found references on here to download the Windows SDK and WDK. I installed both and then went back into Visual Studio (my version is VS 2022 Pro) and then I went to build DBKernal.

I get the error in Visual Studio that states "'Windows7' is not a supported OS Version."

Any clue how to fix this build error?

Big picture, all I want to do are two things--

1. Cheat a game running in Blue Stacks using Cheat Engine
2. Compile and run Cheat Engine, rather than install it.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, please let me know. If I'm on the right path, please assist on the next build step.

Last, assuming I do have to build the DBKernal project, can I just re-build the Cheat Engine project in Lazarus and it will detect and copy the correct files, or is further configuration needed.

Apologies if this has all been documented. I've been Googling this all morning. Thank you!

Ok, I downloaded the source and followed the build
OppRGH
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject: i'm literally in the same exact boat, any fix? Reply with quote

thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: