Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help, can't find pointer in Green Hell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veelox321
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:09 am    Post subject: Help, can't find pointer in Green Hell Reply with quote

Hi,

in the game Green Hell solo mode i am trying to find a pointer to the log rack count. i easily can find the 4byte value andchange it but finding the pointer is another game. I have 4 different address related to the count with each i have generated a pointer map. I found the offset that access the adress. So i go into pointer scanning, scan the 4 different pointer map compared with the specified offset. i went all the way in pointer scan to offset 20000 and max level 15. I tried unticking the 32 bit aligned but still cant find a single pointer.

My question is should i continue upping the offset and max level value or should i try something different?

Thanks,
Veelox321
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offset 20000 and level 15? How long did that take? (If you click stop at any point your scan was useless)

Does changing the value you found have an effect in the game? And are you sure the addresses you got for the pointermaps are the correct ones?

Try using the mono features and then dissect the memory your value is at. It should give you some info, including the last offset

also, if it's in a list/map then a pointer may be impossible unless it's always at the same spot

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
veelox321
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
offset 20000 and level 15? How long did that take? (If you click stop at any point your scan was useless)

Actually not that long

Dark Byte wrote:
Does changing the value you found have an effect in the game?

Yes it does change the value in game

Dark Byte wrote:
And are you sure the addresses you got for the pointermaps are the correct ones?

How can i know that?

Dark Byte wrote:
Try using the mono features and then dissect the memory your value is at. It should give you some info, including the last offset
Ill try that thanks

Dark Byte wrote:
also, if it's in a list/map then a pointer may be impossible unless it's always at the same spot
Can i find a pointer to the list? Im only trying to find something static to be reusable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: