Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doing an experience multiplier for Dragon Warrior IV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EDR
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Doing an experience multiplier for Dragon Warrior IV Reply with quote

Hi Cheat Enginers I need help with this game called Dragon Warrior IV I've been trying to do a 4 experience multiplier but I had no luck

Can someone help me with this? I appreciate the help Embarassed

By the way this game is from NES what means it's running in an emulator

If you need more info just answer me

title.jpg
 Description:
Screenshot from the game
 Filesize:  469.46 KB
 Viewed:  2532 Time(s)

title.jpg

StarfireTBT
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What nes emulator are you using? Usually they have a feature for using either game genie or pro action replay codes. Experience points are usually one of those codes. Here is a list of codes

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/563409-dragon-warrior-iv/faqs/11035
EDR
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="StarfireTBT"]What nes emulator are you using? Usually they have a feature for using either game genie or pro action replay codes. Experience points are usually one of those codes. Here is a list of codes

I understand what are you saying but... How I can do an experience multiplier by 4?

example:

slimes gives me 1 point of experience

with 4 multiplier

they would give me 4 points instead

I'm using Jnes by the way

(you think that I need to learn some others things to do it?)
StarfireTBT
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I tried jnes (I prefer fxeux for nes emulation) and I used it on "Dragon Warrior IV" and it does offer a cheat feature under the [options] menu bar, or by hitting Ctrl+C. Game genie does offer a code that gives double the exp when you enter AEVEYNPA in it, not quadruple unfortunately. Or you can enter APNATAAA for 1,000,000 exp. but supposedly your ironized for the first round.

I couldn't find a feature of jnes where you can speed up emulation, that is what I did when I finished the game to get super strong characters. I would speed up emulation so the game went by really fast, the battles came and finish really fast, all I had to do was spam fight commands and combined with hp and mp restoring equipment I was able to reach maximum level in a VERY short time.

I also didn't like the save feature, fxeux could save any one of the ten save slots by command instead of having to manually switch to different save states. I like to have multiple save states for different places in the game.
EDR
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarfireTBT wrote:
So I tried jnes (I prefer fxeux for nes emulation) and I used it on "Dragon Warrior IV" and it does offer a cheat feature under the [options] menu bar, or by hitting Ctrl+C. Game genie does offer a code that gives double the exp when you enter AEVEYNPA in it, not quadruple unfortunately. Or you can enter APNATAAA for 1,000,000 exp. but supposedly your ironized for the first round.

I couldn't find a feature of jnes where you can speed up emulation, that is what I did when I finished the game to get super strong characters. I would speed up emulation so the game went by really fast, the battles came and finish really fast, all I had to do was spam fight commands and combined with hp and mp restoring equipment I was able to reach maximum level in a VERY short time.

I also didn't like the save feature, fxeux could save any one of the ten save slots by command instead of having to manually switch to different save states. I like to have multiple save states for different places in the game.

I downloaded fxeux and it has like cheat engine a search for the rom ram
I found the experience chart for ragnar

NOW I wonder how can I do a 4 experience multiplier?

I would like to talk
StarfireTBT
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your goal is to increase level gain then double exp through the right code might be your best bet, or the 1,000,000 exp code would be even better. If your goal isn't to level up too much, just a little more than the given then stick with the double and just grind a little more. Grinding is easy in fxeux because you can increase the game speed under the "NES" toolbar at the top. My hotkey is + and - but I don't remember if that is default or if I changed it. Play the game at double speed and double exp and there's your 4x exp gain.
EDIT: Fun note, at some point in Dragon Warrior IV you get equipment that restores your health and mana as you walk, meaning increase game speed and just spamming fight commands can help you grind as easy as a walk in the park.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: