Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warcraft 2:Battle.net edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarfireTBT
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Warcraft 2:Battle.net edition Reply with quote

I am trying to hack the gold deposits of warcraft 2. I was able to do it with warcraft 1 but 2 doesn't seem to be working. I don't like to use cheat codes if I can help it but I don't like the idea that Warcraft has a limited number of resources, it feels like I'm on a time limit. So I like to give my gold mines unlimited resources but the only value type that seems to identify the gold in a mine is the string kind, but I can't change it.

EDIT: The game needs an ISO image mounted to run if that is a clue to anybody, and I've tried hacking both the program and the ISO but neither works.
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A string will be the UI anyway, it'll be the wrong value. Search again and instead of narrowing it down to just one, narrow it down to a handful and then see which address affects the gold value.
StarfireTBT
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed {value type} to [all] and even less results show up. This usually happens when I use the "all value types" so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the only box I see checked when I do use it is "rounded (extreme)."
I'm using CE version 7.2 if that makes any difference.
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Default rounding is usually enough. I would update Cheat Engine to 7.3 anyway because the new features are soo worth it. In that case search for a range of values. Say your gold is 1000, search between 900 and 1100, again, using all for the type.
StarfireTBT
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got version 7.3 up and running, I tried searching for a range of values and all value types and it still didn't work. HOWEVER, I did find this site (*1*) that looks like it offers trainers for the game. It looks like it's the right version of the game as its for "Warcraft II BNE_dx" but I don't know what the "_dx" part at the end means.
I'm afraid I don't quite know how to use it. I followed the instructions,
1. I have CE version 7.3 installed
2. I double clicked the table (I assume they were talking about the table when they meant .ct file
3. I selected the game in the process list
4. I chose to keep the list
5. I was able to check the box for selected object BUT not for the gold/oil in a selected area.
I think I'm supposed to tell the game "where" that deposit is in the game but I don't know how to do that. Is there a way to identify addresses in the game? I tried changing the address to numbers randomly but it seems to stay as ?????. It says changing the value from 0-1 but it just turns red and resets to ??

*1*. https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=10191
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment any further since I don't own the game. As for the dx, it could be referring to DirectX.
StarfireTBT
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to figure it out. The game doesn't count the last 2 zeros in the deposits. So 9900 gold is really 99 gold. I divided by zero and set the value type to 2 bytes and that got the number I needed.

Thank you guys for trying to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: