Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat engine 7.3 0xc00007b error on mac running parallels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rav97
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Cheat engine 7.3 0xc00007b error on mac running parallels Reply with quote

windows 10. so I'm trying to edit cheat engine with Hxd and replace the "cheat engine, and cheatengine" string with any 12 letter word or 11 respectively. So I'm running Parallels on my mac and whenever I edit cheat engine, it breaks the icon and turns into a square with a blue square within it. it cannot open and the base cheat engine file gives me the 0xc00007b error. I told my friend to try it too, but it won't work for him either. he's using the raw files as well. TBH I might be on windows 11, but he isn't and his thing won't open. I've seen videos where u just omit the CE string with the 12 letter word and save and it will work, however, that's just not possible. i tried a clean boot, an sfc scan I believe and turned off the windows anti virus but I have no clue. are the files glitched? does it have to be CE 7.2? what would be a common fix. some of the applications just wont open, only the base CE7.3 file gives me the 0xc00007b error. thank you so much!

EDIT: my friend is running windows.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be a security flag in windows, as editing the .exe will break the signature

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Rav97
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: How to fix that? Reply with quote

Is there any way to fix that security flag issue? What u said makes sense. The icon shifts so something is the problem and windows doesn’t even open it up. If you possible have any suggestion that would be dope. Also, do you know a good decoder for Mac then? for CE editing, it’s just the .exe files correct? So if I can do it on Mac through a different decoder, I might be set, unless it’s blocked on CE 7.3. Thank you for the help so far!!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try just changing one character and see if it still happens

if it's a codesigning issue either look up how to disable that security check in windows (i don't know) or sign the exe yourself (needs you to buy a codesigning certificate)

have you looked into the mac version of CE?

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0xc00007b is to do with the system architecture i.e. trying to run a 64-bit process on a 64-bit system or vice-versa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: