Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't find the camera in FF7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vander
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Can't find the camera in FF7 Reply with quote

Hi! I'm trying to freely move the camera of ff7 using ePSXe emulator to see how the prerendered scenaries are implemented.

I've tried to search for any movement or rotation of the camera, but I was not able to find the memory address for those parameters. I'll explain the method I used that was successful for finding the XYZ coordinates and rotation of Cloud's model:

- I started by scanning with unknown value.
- Without touching the game, I removed the changed values several times.
- Then I moved the character to the right and scanned for increased values.
- Then I moved to the right and scanned for decreasing values.
- I did this 3 actions several times until I had only one or a few values.
- I tried changing the value to see if I could move Cloud around.
- Done!

The camera is following cloud in several scenes, so I assumed that I could do something similar, however I was not successful. I think it is possible that the camera actually never moves because the prerendered scenaries need to maintain the paralax, so maybe to track the character what the camera does is rotate. If that is true, it some value must be changing for the rotation that I should be able to find. However I realised that the rotation might have different sign than the movement of the character (if the character moves right the x coordinate grows, however if the camera looks right, the rotation value may decrease). Also, if it is represented as degrees, when the camera rotates +10 degrees from 345 it turns 355,but if it rotates +10 degrees again, it might become 5, instead of 365.

These are a few things I've tried to solve this:
- I tried to invert the signs, meaning I used decrease when the camera looked to the right and increase, when it was looking left.
- I tried to search just by changing and unchanging values, but I couldn't filter the results enough.
- I tried to make the filtering in "cinematic" scenes that includes 3d characters rendered in real time, like the train entry in the station. In this cinematics, the camera is actually moving, however I couldn't know the direction, so searching just by changing values wasn't enough again.

Any ideas?
Does anyone know the direction for the camera coordinates or rotation?
Thanks in advance!! (>^.^<)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: