Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory View Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kajih
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject: Memory View Question Reply with quote

Hi, I was perusing a table someone else wrote (I look at code from time to time as it's my preferred way to learn) and I noticed that the writer had the ability to view the function names somehow, I know this is possible with Mono games but I was unaware that you could do this with other games, specifically the one I was looking at is breathedge (made with unreal). for instance:

Code:

Breathedge-Win64-Shipping.UW_Crafting_C__pf977162699::bpf__InitCrafting__pf+2B

The portion I don't see is : .UW_Crafting_C__pf977162699::bpf__InitCrafting__pf

what I am seeing on my view is something like Breathedge-WinGDK-Shipping.exe.text+25261C1

I was wondering if there was a plugin or some other tool that allows you to see the object and function names and to do searches, like you can for games with mono. I am trying to find a better way to get into Unreal games, I don't have much luck with back tracing.

Thanks
Birdi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over on FearlessRevolution (sister site) you can check out the Tools section for Cake-san's "Basic UE4 Win64 Base Table" which helps deconstruct UE4 games.

I'm no expert in the engine or using it (or that table), but it should be helpful if you know what you're doing. From what I glossed over in the past it helps a lot if you've worked with the engine or at least understand how it's all structured.

Otherwise I have no leads, but there's likely other useful tools somebody's made.

Add me on Discord if you want hands-on help: Birdi#0007
Kajih
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! awesome response and thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: