Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What could've possible broken AOB signature? (WASM game)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buretto
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: What could've possible broken AOB signature? (WASM game) Reply with quote

I'm targeting a WASM game.

Yesterday I located the instruction I wanted to target and eventually also came up with a seemingly working AOB signature. I initially found in on a Win10 PC using Firefox browser.

I first tested it on a separate PC running Win7 on chrome and then Firefox, both failed. I then decided to try it on the same initial Win10 PC, on a fresh install of Firefox Nightly. I was surprised to find that this worked -- it found the AOB. I repeated this many times yesterday, so I thought maybe this is good enough evidence that it should work (at least on this particular PC).

During this whole time I kept the initial browser open just in case it wasn't good enough.

Now it's the next day, I realized I've closed initial browser so using a fresh Firefox session I to try finding the AOB again, and unfortunately it's not being found. I tried it with Firefox nightly as well.

I'm just curious what factors could have caused the instruction pattern to change?

My initial guess was that the developer/host of the WASM game might've updated it, deployed a new version which could've messed everything up.

Or is it something I overlooked, or don't understand yet?

Any insights / suggestions as to why this might've happened is greatly appreciated.

PS:
Unfortunately I can't disclose the particular game.
Additional information that might be relevent: PC didn't power off, but did go into sleep mode.
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the implementation of WASM being used. If its using JIT, then the piece of code you are scanning for may not have been used/ran yet so it won't exist in memory yet.

Otherwise, an update could also be the cause where the WASM binary was recompiled and thus stuff changed/shifted etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: