Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Mirror invert game image in real time

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mrally2
Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 01 Apr 2020
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Mirror invert game image in real time Reply with quote

You can do this fairly easily if you have a multiple monitor setup using UtraMon or if you got the licky chance to have pvcmirror but, is there a way to do it with ce though?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atom0s
Moderator
Reputation: 179

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 8241
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the ideal solution, you'd need to hook onto the games rendering system to take control of the final 'present' handling. From there you can take the buffer/texture/surface/etc. that is being presented and flip it as needed using the proper methods for the API being used.

You can also do it by reading the buffer/pixels and just manually flipping it afterward but that will lead to poor performance.

For example:
- D3D8/D3D9 - BeginScene, EndScene, Present
- D3D11 - SwapChain -> Present
- D3D12 - SwapChain -> Present, DrawInstanced, DrawIndexedInstanced, ExecuteCommandLists
- OpenGL - glutSwapBuffers / glfwSwapBuffers

And similar.

_________________
- Retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mrally2
Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 01 Apr 2020
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
For the ideal solution, you'd need to hook onto the games rendering system to take control of the final 'present' handling. From there you can take the buffer/texture/surface/etc. that is being presented and flip it as needed using the proper methods for the API being used.

You can also do it by reading the buffer/pixels and just manually flipping it afterward but that will lead to poor performance.

For example:
- D3D8/D3D9 - BeginScene, EndScene, Present
- D3D11 - SwapChain -> Present
- D3D12 - SwapChain -> Present, DrawInstanced, DrawIndexedInstanced, ExecuteCommandLists
- OpenGL - glutSwapBuffers / glfwSwapBuffers

And similar.
Surprisingly theres a very easy way to do it with ReShade. It implies like 10 lines of code. Shocked

How would you remove these types of textures though [Imgur images: tFHSQwM]. I tried to see if RenderDoc could be of help but I dont understand well how it works. I found the texture but have 0 clue what is the next step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atom0s
Moderator
Reputation: 179

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 8241
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrally2 wrote:
Surprisingly theres a very easy way to do it with ReShade. It implies like 10 lines of code. Shocked


Keep in mind you're using a middle layer then which is constructed of thousands of lines of code. So simplified to 10 isn't exactly what is actually happening, it's just how it works in ReShades shader language. There's a ton of leg work happening behind the scenes to make that 10 lines work.


Quote:
How would you remove these types of textures though [Imgur images: tFHSQwM]. I tried to see if RenderDoc could be of help but I dont understand well how it works. I found the texture but have 0 clue what is the next step.


Not sure what you're asking here, you seem to have deleted the imgur images.

If you're trying to remove a texture, then you'd just prevent it from being drawn with. Hook onto the games rendering handlings, monitor for when that texture is being used, and either replace it, hide it with additional custom render states, or similar.

_________________
- Retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites