Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine Protection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ByTransient
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An example is given here for a start.
Once you understand the functionality, your next step should be to create your own, more complex encryption.

https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=609124
Liger
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ByTransient wrote:
An example is given here for a start.
Once you understand the functionality, your next step should be to create your own, more complex encryption.

https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=609124

I know this encryption, but it can also be decoded easily .
I'm wondering how I can encrypt it against decompiler CT .

TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Look at the millions spent on DRM and things are still cracked/hacked in a matter of hours. If there was a way it would be getting sold for billions, and not released of this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a question that is asked pretty frequently and will always get the same answer. No matter what level of effort you put into protecting your trainer, there will always be a way to undo the protections, steal the data, etc. There is no way to fully protect something outside of straight up not sharing/releasing it to others.

As TheyCallMeTim13 mentioned, companies spend millions on protections and none of them ever hold out for more than a set period of time. Every single client sided protection has been broken, to date. It'll remain that way forever as well. Any time something has to run on the users machine, it will always be vulnerable to attacks, weaknesses, and similar. Until everything is done in the cloud, the idea of actual undefeated protection wont be a thing. (Basically until stuff doesn't run on or touch a users system, it'll always be crackable.)

The most you can do is deter people from trying, making stuff annoying to do, or similar. But you will never fully prevent your stuff from being able to be stolen.

Keep in mind as well, stealing stuff from a trainer is not always about unpacking/cracking it either. For example, if you are making an external trainer that writes data to various addresses in a game, the person looking to steal that information doesn't have to unpack/crack your trainer at all. They can just hook the memory API's used to write to said addresses and dump the information. (ie. ReadProcessMemory/WriteProcessMemory)

They can do similar with full-memory dump comparisons on a target process to find what you edited/patched/injected and so on. (This is effective for injected DLLs and such as well if you try to avoid doing an external trainer.)

If you rely on CE's Lua engine as well, they can just replace the Lua dll or hook onto the Lua state and dump everything from that too. If you alter the byte code data for Lua, they can just recompile a custom Lua patched to match the byte code changes and redump etc.

Point is, regardless of the time and effort you put into things, there's multiple ways around those protections.

If you want to deter skids that use automated tools to dump things, then code your own trainers in a compiled language and add your own custom protections along with a mix of things such as VM based packing. Again, it wont completely stop people, but it will help deter skids. Don't waste your time going overkill on things though, it'll just be a waste of your own time.

Liger
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:

If you want to deter skids that use automated tools to dump things, then code your own trainers in a compiled language and add your own custom protections along with a mix of things such as VM based packing. Again, it wont completely stop people, but it will help deter skids. Don't waste your time going overkill on things though, it'll just be a waste of your own time.

Can you explain this idea to me in detail?
and what is it "VM"

ByTransient
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this topic goes to a tiresome Q&A, open the link below and be sure to check out all the comments.

Different encodings can provide examples to get you started.

https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=585300
Liger
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ByTransient wrote:
Before this topic goes to a tiresome Q&A, open the link below and be sure to check out all the comments.

Different encodings can provide examples to get you started.

https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=585300

I'm not good at programming and can't compile. Could you help me in this

Last edited by Liger on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ByTransient
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.
I think you misunderstand here,
This is not a "Teaching" platform (Forum).
When you decide to create a code, you can ask for help with the parts you are stuck on.
But if you want people to write some code for you (From End to End), I guess such services may be paid and you can ask this separately and those interested will be able to answer.
You decide;
1) Researching on Google and improving yourself for your own code?
2) Or is it someone doing it for you?
My recommendation;
Start learning coding, ask about the parts you are stuck with with a piece of code here and shape your own code according to the answers and examples.

-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
And in this case; Get over a boring question-and-answer cliché.

Encrypting the trainer always gets the same answers, then everyone creates their own code. (It will not be very healthy, the reasons have already been written above) Wink
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liger wrote:
Can you explain this idea to me in detail?
and what is it "VM"

Liger wrote:
I'm not good at programming and can't compile. Could you help me in this

Not to sound mean but these two quotes alone are enough for me to not want to bother further with this topic. You are clearly asking for more than what you understand in general, and it wouldn't be of any help to you for anyone in this topic to further explain things than what was already given. Me explaining to you what a VM is, how it works, and so on would just be a waste of time currently.

If you want to protect your trainers more, then you need to learn how to code for yourself. If you can't even make basic edits to CE's source and recompile it, then I'd suggest you start learning there to even begin to start with a bare minimum of being able to work with CE's current code base.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: