Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine 7.2 DBVM support for AMD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuckySpud
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:37 am    Post subject: Cheat Engine 7.2 DBVM support for AMD Reply with quote

Hey guys, I can see that on the release notes for the GitHub source for Cheat Engine 7.2 it shows that one of the fixes was AMD support for DBVM. I currently run a Ryzen 5950x processor and I cannot for the life of me get it to allow me to use DBVM. I have ensure that Hyper-v is turned off and that CPU virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS (I run VMs without issues). So I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for this. Is it possible that I would need to compile my own build to get the AMD support? Any help would be appreciated
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using ce 7.2 or a selfcompiled CE? (if selfcompiled, build in release, not debug)

what does the about screen say about DBVM support?
Do you have an anti virus like Avast or Mcafee? Those will run your system in a virtual machine and have whitelists for known VM software

Try this lua script in CE
Code:

if (cpuid(0x80000001).ECX & (1<<2))==0 then
  print("Your system does not support SVM")
else
  print("Should work")
end

Or do you mean you crash as soon as you start it? If so, you mentioned that you can run VM's just fine. Make sure they are all off. DBVM for AMD currently does not support nested virtualization

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
MuckySpud
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
are you using ce 7.2 or a selfcompiled CE? (if selfcompiled, build in release, not debug)

what does the about screen say about DBVM support?
Do you have an anti virus like Avast or Mcafee? Those will run your system in a virtual machine and have whitelists for known VM software

Try this lua script in CE
Code:

if (cpuid(0x80000001).ECX & (1<<2))==0 then
  print("Your system does not support SVM")
else
  print("Should work")
end

Or do you mean you crash as soon as you start it? If so, you mentioned that you can run VM's just fine. Make sure they are all off. DBVM for AMD currently does not support nested virtualization

Thanks for the reply. So far I was using the public precompiled release of 7.2, I have not yet tried building my own version but that was on my to-do list for later today just in the off chance it was not included in the public release.

The screen will show me the message "Your system does not support DBVM. Perhaps it is already inside a VM" The only anti-virus software I run is Malwarebytes

I ran the LUA script and it shows the output as "Your system does not support SVM"

It does not crash as it will not allow me to run DBVM at all, and all VMs are turned off while I have been trying this. The software I use is VMWare Workstation Pro just in case that matters.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is core isolation enabled? If so, turn that off, as it makes you run inside a VM

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
MuckySpud
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
is core isolation enabled? If so, turn that off, as it makes you run inside a VM

Core isolation is turned off by the looks of it, I have attached a picture just to be sure.

Edit 1: Also, I just asked my brother to try out the latest CE 7.2 public release and it works just fine on his system. We both share the same processor and motherboard... so im not entirely sure what could be interfering with it as I double checked that SVM was enabled in the BIOS

Edit 2: Okay so I was able to get it to show that my system supports DBVM after I completely uninstalled VMWare Workstation Pro and then also set my SVM to disabled. I then tried to turn on core 1 with DBVM and then my PC locked up and rebooted itself. Upon enabling SVM again it now shows the same message that it is not supported.

Edit 3: I can only get the "Your system supports DBVM" whenever I disable SVM in the bios. I have been unable to get any cores to load DBVM as it instantly locks the PC or bluescreens every single time. I tried lowering the cores down to 1 and tried enabling it with just one core and it still has the same outcome. Enabling SVM once again gives me the "Your system does not support DBVM. Perhaps it is already inside a VM".

cf6b91e7a4b1bc8bafb3d3fe3ff5db1d.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.43 KB
 Viewed:  2243 Time(s)

cf6b91e7a4b1bc8bafb3d3fe3ff5db1d.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: