Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modifying ASTRONEER's player limit possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WxAaRoNxW
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Modifying ASTRONEER's player limit possible? Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to find a way to get the address of the max player count to change it to a higher amount or during the connection checking I'll try to somehow make it think it's not at the limit and will continue to receive new players and increment the player count normally.

I currently have 5 players to play with, hosting a dedicated server (increases player count to Cool is a problem for us in our country and requiring to pay a decently high amount for a static IP. So while I have a lot of time right now, This is mostly a challenge for me to hack the game to allow more than its max player count, which is 4. I'm not familiar with Assembly, I'm just learning now by trying to hack this game and I am understanding the things I see quite a bit, but I do have lots of programming knowledge, specifically game development programming language.

The main question is if this is possible? Right now I've just been going deep in the memory viewer to find the time where the player count gets compared with the max player count. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right though I'm using 1 of the many hundreds of address that gets written on as a starting point, some or most of the addresses gives a trace trap when I read it on Visual Studio which I'm not sure what it means, but I think that alone is not enough and that I also have to account for steam invite where Astroneer has to communicate to steam that it's still joinable. So far, I got to a point where I found the beginning(I think) of the function that gets called only when a player joins(but not leaves).

tl;dr; Max player count limit hack, is it possible? Can't host a dedicated server that allows 8 players (country restriction), not familiar with Assembly but can understand what's going on a bit. Using 1 of many addresses that I've found that gets changed when a player joins as a starting point. So far, Found the beginning(I think) of the function that gets called only when a player joins(but not leaves).

Astroneer 2.png
 Description:
the address/code below the highlighted only gets executed when the player joins.
 Filesize:  149.15 KB
 Viewed:  2136 Time(s)

Astroneer 2.png

Astroneer 1.png
 Description:
This is the address/code that writes to the address I found when a player leaves/joins.
 Filesize:  134.95 KB
 Viewed:  2136 Time(s)

Astroneer 1.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: