Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointer scan with non static address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNightOwl
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Pointer scan with non static address Reply with quote

Can you pointer scan with a base address that is not a static address

I'm writing an aob injecting script that make the player invincible and also instant kill everything.
After hours of debug, I found that the game run though 3 main section in this particular order:
-Calculating the damage and the health left
-Find the address to write to
-Write it

After finding the health pointer, I though that I could just check if the address match the player's health then don't write and else write 0.

The problem with this is since I only change the actual health, the HUD and others similar elements doesn't update and it keep flashing red as if I was dying. I found out that if I go back to the start and change the damage to 0, the HUD updated. But at that section the register has value that doesn't match my pointers at all.
So if I can find the offsets, I can check if the value match the player. But the pointer scan doesn't allow me to input the non static address. Is there a way? If not, are there a work around

Update: I found the offset.
Though i'm still interested in the original question. It would be very helpful for future works
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: