Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help] Unrandomize RNG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanseikami
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: [Help] Unrandomize RNG Reply with quote

Alright, gonna try to explain my question as clear as possible. so bare with me here. Laughing

Theoretically, let say a game that is based on a dice roll action system (ex. 1d20 to charm). So the rng range is between 1-20, how would i find the rng seed to unradomize it and set a pre-designated number? or choke that range to a smaller one, so instead of 1-20 its choked to 15-20 or 18-20? what would the process be to find it and change it?

I'm not very skilled with cheat engine but i learn fast.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can control when the generator state progresses, scan for changed / unchanged values until you narrow it down. Freeze the state as desired. You should have basic knowledge of how RNGs are implemented first.

Otherwise, try finding something that's affected by randomness and look at where the value being written is derived from. This is closer to reverse engineering than simply reading assembly, and you'd have a very hard time doing this with no prior knowledge of assembly.

The CE tutorial is a very easy example of the latter, and maybe the former (haven't looked)- there are some steps where you click a button and health is decreased by a random amount. Try that if you're curious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: