Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine doesn't find any addresses for some programs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanslhansl
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Cheat Engine doesn't find any addresses for some programs Reply with quote

Cheat Engine doesn't find any addresses for some programs

It should be mentioned that I am totally new to cheat engine. I completed the tutorial though.

I am running into said problem when scanning certain programs. Those are Rainbow 6 Siege and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds.

What I am doing:
- Start CE
- Press the button with a monitor symbol top left to open a process
- Choose a process (I have tried to choose the processes via "Applications", "Processes" and "Windows" tab, same result) and press "Open"
- Do a new/first scan. I have tried all sorts of filters, all of which should work, just like:
- value: 0, hex unchecked, scan type: exact value, value type: All (I enabled every entry in the settings, this should find everything [right?]), Writable, Executable and CopyOnWrite: Gray
- value: 0, hex unchecked, scan type: exact value, value type: 4 Bytes, Writable, Executable and CopyOnWrite: Gray
and many more. I have also tried to vary the search term, vary the value type, (un-)check Hex, (un-)check "Not", basically tried everything I found.

Yet the scans don't yield anything (literally nothing, not a single entry).

I reinstalled CE, restarted my PC several times.
I obviously tried CE on other programs like Firefox which it works fine on (at least it finds millions of adresses, I didn't dig deeper there).

I tried using DBVM which seems to be supported by my system but when trying to enable it via the "About"-window I get the message "The driver couldn't be opened! It's not loaded or not responding. I recommend to reboot your system and try again".
I restarted once more, didn't work afterwards either. From my understanding I shouldn't need DBVM anyways.

I would assume that the programs are somehow protected, especially because both of them have Anti Cheat Software. R6S has Battle-Eye and TABG something else, I don't know it's name though.
Scanning the Anti-Cheat-Software-processes didn't yield any results either.

Am I losing my mind and missing some detail? Or is my system corrupted? (Win 10 btw.)
I'd be thankful for any help.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the AC is blocking CE. You should start with games that don't have AC.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
Sounds like the AC is blocking CE. You should start with games that don't have AC.

For now I am not trying anything wild, I just want to read the memory. No changing of values, no hacking, no cheating. Doing that on a game I am not even playing would be rather boring.

Just so that I get that correctly: Cetain software like Anti-Cheats can block CE from working entirely?
I have heard of AC's shutting the game down when CE is running but in this case the AC is "cheating" Cheat Engine, isn't it? If AC's can do that, what is necessary to bypass them? Kernel-mode?

Btw. I scanned TABG in a single player offline session. Why is the AC still blocking CE?
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanslhansl wrote:
For now I am not trying anything wild, I just want to read the memory. No changing of values, no hacking, no cheating. Doing that on a game I am not even playing would be rather boring.

And I bet learning to fly a prop plane when you want to fly jets is boring, but jet pilots have to start somewhere. If game hacking bores you, you might want to find a different hobby.

hanslhansl wrote:
Just so that I get that correctly: Cetain software like Anti-Cheats can block CE from working entirely?

Yes.

hanslhansl wrote:
I have heard of AC's shutting the game down when CE is running but in this case the AC is "cheating" Cheat Engine, isn't it? If AC's can do that, what is necessary to bypass them? Kernel-mode?

SEE: https://forum.cheatengine.org/faq.php#1

hanslhansl wrote:
Btw. I scanned TABG in a single player offline session. Why is the AC still blocking CE?

The devs or publisher(s) feel you don't have the right to modify the game you bought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: