Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop Time in Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmgarrido
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:14 am    Post subject: Stop Time in Games Reply with quote

Sorry but it's my first topic and I don't know if it's in the right place. I would like to know if there is a tutorial on how to stop, reverse, increase when decreasing or decrease when playing time increases, including some games that only count the time of certain actions (2 or 3 minutes). I read somewhere that games have different ways of counting time (I don't know if that is correct). If it doesn't exist, it would be interesting to have a section on the forum with just this type of tutorial for several games. Thanks in advance.
lmgarrido
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything??? Nobody helps??? No tutorial ???
DanyDollaro
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A time counter could be programmed in a myriad of different ways, so yes, each game can have a different implementation, try a scan for unknown value and then continue with an increased or decreased value, if you do not find anything then the one who has implemented the timer will have tried to encrypt it in memory to make it more difficult to find, so you should try looking for only using changed value
Pastel Baphomet
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

various search tips:

if the timer is decreasing that doesn't mean that the value of the address that indicates the timer is also decreasing.

you can never know how bad programmers declare as double values that goes from 0 to 60 ... serach also 4 byte 8, 2, 1, float, double ... all

some programmers encrypt the value to prevent you from finding it
2 could be 3847237 ...

a timer could have 3 or more variables (addresses) not just one
in the opposite a timer could have just one single big address (double)

value can be a multiple of 8: if 3 then 3*8=24 ... address = 24 timer 3

the easiest method:
scan type : all
unknown initial address -> increased / decreased value

there are thousands more tips... try to think them not to ask somebody else... only the programmers of the game know the source code their game, nobody else

The first type is a float or double representing seconds.
When searching this method, always search a range between plus/minus one of the display time.
So for 5:43, you want to search between 342 and 344.

The second type is a 4-byte or 8-byte representing milliseconds.
Similarly, you want to search a range of values.
So for 5:43, you want to search between 342000 and 344000.

In addition to these types, games don't always store the value as total time left.
Sometimes, they use total elapsed time and count up from zero.
So if the game starts at 10:00, when it reaches 5:43, you want to search ranges around 4:17.
You should probably increase that range to 3 seconds, just in case.
Here is a method that has worked for me many times: First, start the game with the timer counting down then pause. Go into cheat engine and search for all value types. Many different games store many different timers as floats, 2 bytes, 4 bytes, or 8 bytes. Then, search for an unknown initial value. After you find your (many) results, simply unpause the game, allow the timer to decrease, and go into cheat engine and scan for a decreased value. If it is possible to add time in the game, you could do so then searched for an increased value to greatly narrow the results. This should, in theory, lead you to the address that controls the timer. From there, you could either freeze the value or nop the code that decreases it.

Admittedly, I haven't the slightest clue how the values are represented. For example: A 4-Byte address that freezes a timer at 2:00:02 has a value of 18065729001.

P.S. Thank posters Fresco, Zanzer, TechnicalTitan for the aforementioned information.
Yoshi111
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we tutorial will be more heplful.
Barrin
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastel Baphomet wrote:
various search tips:

if the timer is decreasing that doesn't mean that the value of the address that indicates the timer is also decreasing.

you can never know how bad programmers declare as double values that goes from 0 to 60 ... serach also 4 byte 8, 2, 1, float, double ... all

some programmers encrypt the value to prevent you from finding it
2 could be 3847237 ...

a timer could have 3 or more variables (addresses) not just one
in the opposite a timer could have just one single big address (double)

value can be a multiple of 8: if 3 then 3*8=24 ... address = 24 timer 3

the easiest method:

there are thousands more tips... try to think them not to ask somebody else... only the programmers of the game know the source code their game, nobody else

The first type is a float or double representing seconds.
When searching this method, always search a range between plus/minus one of the display time.
So for 5:43, you want to search between 342 and 344.

The second type is a 4-byte or 8-byte representing milliseconds.
Similarly, you want to search a range of values.
So for 5:43, you want to search between 342000 and 344000.

In addition to these types, games don't always store the value as total time left.
Sometimes, they use total elapsed time and count up from zero.
So if the game starts at 10:00, when it reaches 5:43, you want to search ranges around 4:17.
You should probably increase that range to 3 seconds, just in case.
Here is a method that has worked for me many times: First, start the game with the timer counting down then pause. Go into cheat engine and search for all value types. Many different games store many different timers as floats, 2 bytes, 4 bytes, or 8 bytes. Then, search for an unknown initial value. After you find your (many) results, simply unpause the game, allow the timer to decrease, and go into cheat engine and scan for a decreased value. If it is possible to add time in the game, you could do so then searched for an increased value to greatly narrow the results. This should, in theory, lead you to the address that controls the timer. From there, you could either freeze the value or nop the code that decreases it.

Admittedly, I haven't the slightest clue how the values are represented. For example: A 4-Byte address that freezes a timer at 2:00:02 has a value of 18065729001.

P.S. Thank posters Fresco, Zanzer, TechnicalTitan for the aforementioned information.

To add to this comment timers that I looked up to freeze I usually found in the type [float] and than the exact number in seconds (because float allows for numbers behind ,) it could also be the type [double] but have not seen that much.
gaming04
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which game are you specifically trying to do this for?

"Cheating only means you want to hold on to the things you value."
KropocLeckor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastel Baphomet wrote:
various search tips:

the easiest method:

This Works. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: