Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

standalone cheat engine trainer detect as Cheat Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazzko
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: standalone cheat engine trainer detect as Cheat Engine Reply with quote

Hi i just wanna ask cause every time i save my lua script as standalone .exe, then run it it shows in task manager as "Cheat Engine" and make the game detect it. Is there anyway to make my trainer process name change?

Untitled3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.03 KB
 Viewed:  2669 Time(s)

Untitled3.png

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably recompile CE and change the name there, which is what you probably should be doing if the game is detecting CE.
dazzko
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you mean to change it? In my script? i compile it in Lua Script>File>Save as>>standalone EXE>>and i put my trainer name then icon.

in process hacker it read my process name as my trainer.exe name but in my task manager it read as Cheat Engine.

Untitled4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.22 KB
 Viewed:  2654 Time(s)

Untitled4.png

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazzko wrote:
Where do you mean to change it? In my script? i compile it in Lua Script>File>Save as>>standalone EXE>>and i put my trainer name then icon.

in process hacker it read my process name as my trainer.exe name but in my task manager it read as Cheat Engine.

What i meant was recompiling CE from its source code and changing it there. You know CE is open source, right?

However, there's another way too. Task manager shows that information from version info fields which will say Cheat Engine. You can change or remove that info with "Resource Hacker". If that alone doesn't change it, you can a hex editor or Ollydbg/x64dbg to change the instances where Cheat Engine is mentioned and save the exe.

Keep in mind CE trainers are generated packed and gets unpacked when run. Off the top of my head, i don't remember exactly now if the unpacked/run in background exe is where task manager gets that information from or the packed (the one you distribute/run). If its the first then you have no choice but to recompile CE or perhaps change the mini CE exe packed with trainer.

Maybe DarkByte or someone else here can tell you exactly which places to change, i haven't touched CE source or its generated trainers in a long time and don't remember the specifics but i hope my advice helps you.

EDIT: Actually now that i think of it, you might not be able to change the trainer exe at all since its packed with UPX and resource hacker won't be able to read it until unpacked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: