Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HELP] Is there any guide to create no random enc/battle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freyjadour-
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: [HELP] Is there any guide to create no random enc/battle? Reply with quote

Hello, noob here and is seeking help from any sensei

This is my first time using this cheat engine software and as the title above says, is there any guide or step by step about how to create no random encounter/battle codes for PS2 games?

Recently, I've been playing PS2 game Suikoden V (PAL Version) by using emulator PCSX2 and that's just frustrating me that this game random battle encounter rate is so high, so I searched out on the internet the AR Max or Codebreaker code to turn off the random battle encounter and I found several. But unfortunately, none of them work because those codes are for the NTSC version, not the PAL version.

So, I think I'm gonna make my own code for this no random encounter/battle things by pressing the certain button (e.g L2+X for No Random Battle/Encounter, L2+Triangle to resume)

is there any guide for it?
Thank you
The1stOne
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

A late reply, sorry! I too am using PCSX2 to play some old classics, and it's nice to try and "hack" them a little sometimes. There are so many RPGs for PS2 and a lot of them have random battle encounters, so it might be a good thing to learn how to hack. I managed to get rid of random battles for Phantasy Star Generation 1 (but only world map so far, not dungeons) and here is how it looked/worked for that game.

Technically I think the game sets a variable for the next encounter to a value between X and Y. In areas where battles do not occur, such as cities, the variable is not reduced when moving around. But in the battlefield when you move, the variable is decreased and when it reaches 0 a battle occurs. So, I started searching for an unknown value, walked a few steps and searched for a decreased value. When I got into a battle and it had ended, I did a search for a changed (or increased) value. Then I moved around some more and looked for a decreased value. Finally I found it and "locked" it, and no more random battles. I thought it would look/work similar for the dungeons, but so far i haven't been able to undo random battles in them.

Of course there are many other ways to create a trigger for a "random" battle, so this might not work in your particular game. Another tip along the way is also to use AOB-scan when you create your tables/trainers, since so far every update of PCSX2 has altered my addresses every time. Hope this gives some help on your way. Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: