Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Adresses in unity titles

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
planet22
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Adresses in unity titles Reply with quote

Hello! I have some basic knowledge with pointerscanning, in most titles i do not have any issues with this.

However as i have understood pointerscanning does not work in any title using unity engine.

So my question is: What can i do instead? I usally just create trainers for me and some friends to use, and its some really basic stuff. Just finding the correct pointers and then modifying the value trough cheatengine.

I have tried googling this on my own but all i can find is older tutorials explaining regular pointerscanning.
Is there anyone here that could point me in the correct direction? Im a bit lost Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ParkourPenguin
I post too much
Reputation: 90

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 2878

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for "injection copy"

Basically find code that accesses the address you want to find (preferably only that address) and inject code there that copies the address to a registered symbol.

_________________
I don't know where I'm going, but I'll figure it out when I get there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
planet22
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Search for "injection copy"

Basically find code that accesses the address you want to find (preferably only that address) and inject code there that copies the address to a registered symbol.


Alright thanks!
Ill look it up Smile

EDIT: I managed to get it working doing this, cheers!


Last edited by planet22 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Byte
Site Admin
Reputation: 392

Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 23316
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the mono features as well

Also, some people seem to have success with pointerscans. It just depends on what you're looking for. An object inside a list, nope. But a object itself, will work.

Just set the level high enough

_________________
Do not ask me about online cheats. I don't know any and wont help finding them.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
planet22
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Try using the mono features as well

Also, some people seem to have success with pointerscans. It just depends on what you're looking for. An object inside a list, nope. But a object itself, will work.

Just set the level high enough


Im starting out with the health value ingame, i have found it and made sure it actually has effect ingame. However when pointerscanning i might find some pointers that work until i restart the game. And once i rescan the result is 0. I have tried level 10 scans but without any progress.

This might be a dumb question, but what do you mean in a list or by itself? How can i know the difference?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Byte
Site Admin
Reputation: 392

Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 23316
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the game.
e.g the game may be programmed like unitybase->monobase->domain->firstheapobject->gameclass->gamemap->player->healthobject->healthvalue

but if it's
unitybase->monobase->domain->firstheapobject->gameclass->gamemap->playerlist[xxx]->healthobject->healthvalue
and the current player is stored as a index into that list (e.g int playerid=12) or even used something else like a map, then the pointerscan won't find it

As for knowing what's used, you can't really unless you try, or use the mono functions to dissect the game

Also, when debugging, check the offsets you encounter. If it's higher than 800 (2048 in decimal) then the max structusize also has to be increased

_________________
Do not ask me about online cheats. I don't know any and wont help finding them.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
planet22
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
It depends on the game.
e.g the game may be programmed like unitybase->monobase->domain->firstheapobject->gameclass->gamemap->player->healthobject->healthvalue

but if it's
unitybase->monobase->domain->firstheapobject->gameclass->gamemap->playerlist[xxx]->healthobject->healthvalue
and the current player is stored as a index into that list (e.g int playerid=12) or even used something else like a map, then the pointerscan won't find it

As for knowing what's used, you can't really unless you try, or use the mono functions to dissect the game

Also, when debugging, check the offsets you encounter. If it's higher than 800 (2048 in decimal) then the max structusize also has to be increased


Alright thanks for the explanation!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites