Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BF1942 v.1.61b - can't find addresses of stats values

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyB
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: BF1942 v.1.61b - can't find addresses of stats values Reply with quote

Hello!
I have trouble finding some values in BF1942 v.1.61b. I make an external statcounter connected to a mod launcher, I found the values of trophies, kills and deaths without any problem, but I can't find the value of the number of shots, accurate hits, destroyed tanks, planes etc. These values are calculated in a strange way. If I only shoot with the MP40, for example, I can find the number of shots, but when I change my weapon to another one or even pick up another MP40 this value is no longer correct. In addition, any change of weapon, tank shots and other vehicles make it impossible for me to find this value. I have the same problem with finding the value of all other statistics that are displayed at the end of each map. I think I've tried everything, I've been trying for about a year in my spare time. There is something strange with them, it seems that in a simple memory search these values are very scattered, but then the game can easily sum them up with a correct result.

I will be grateful for help in finding these values, I have absolutely no ideas left how to do it Sad
careca777
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game counts those shots for each weapon, even if it's the same model, what happens if you never change weapon? Maybe then you could search easily because the search values do not reset.
Let's say you start a level with 30 accurate hits, now make that the first value to search, then, without changing weapon, do 1 of those hits, search for 31 and so on, in the end, maybe the value shows itself.
Another thing, maybe those values are closeby in the structure, to the ones you already found. Do a dissect structure.
JohnnyB
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Smile The game restarts every time you start a new map and then the values change. After finding the shot values for a particular weapon (the weapon was not changed) and changing their value to 999, when the map ends, the stats screen still shows the correct value, such as 15 shots. When I disassemble (tried what writes and what accesses) and nop the values sometimes it counts only the first shot and sometimes it counts everything, so it's probably a bit random. Even sometimes some values add up shots from several games if you repeat the map instead of changing it to another map. I've tried all the methods I know to find this and the only thing I've gotten is counting all shots from a given weapon type as 1 (eg. If you shot 10 times from Garand, and 15 times from Colt it counts as 2). I'm not pro at cheat engine, if you have Battlefield 1942 (1.61b) could you try to find this value to see if this is even possible? I don't want you to find it for me, I want to know how to find it Smile I was even thinking of finding the function responsible for shooting and adding code that would sum each shot to a different memory location, then read the stats from this place, but finding that function isn't easy either.

If you want to try it, I am attaching the shot pointer from garand (wake island and battle of midway allied enginneer main weapon). It does not lead to the value we are looking for. Changing it does not change the value in the scoreboard after the mission, plus it adds up shots from several games when you repeat the map. It allow you to discard incorrect values and limit the search addresses to two. I've also attached a pointer to quickly finish the round (set the tickets to 0 to finish the round).

EDIT: I just remembered, the corresponding shot values are 2Bytes. I can't make a pointer with the classic method and with pointerscan Sad When you do "what accesses this address" and you shot, you should have only inc word ptr [eax+10]..

Stats increment opcodes has strange adressess in disassembler like (BF1942.dice::matchmaking::IHostService::IHostService+7CB2)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>81</ID>
      <Description>"GARAND SHOTS"</Description>
      <LastState Value="15" RealAddress="19322960"/>
      <ShowAsSigned>0</ShowAsSigned>
      <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
      <Address>BF1942.exe+68FDBC</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>40</Offset>
        <Offset>9C0</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>17</ID>
      <Description>"TICKETS - ALLIED"</Description>
      <LastState Value="400" RealAddress="02C502F0"/>
      <Color>000000</Color>
      <Address>BF1942.exe+57A0D8</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>F8</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>16</ID>
      <Description>"TICKETS - AXIS"</Description>
      <LastState Value="400" RealAddress="02C502A0"/>
      <Color>000000</Color>
      <Address>BF1942.exe+57A0D8</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>A8</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>
careca777
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I don't have the game, I would guess the value you are finding and changing to 999 is the visual address. You'd have to do a backtracing to find the real one, i have yet to learn it.
JohnnyB
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for wanting to help me Smile I will keep trying, maybe someone else can give me more advice and I can handle this problem Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: