Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question About Server Side Possibilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sylviemaat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 am    Post subject: Question About Server Side Possibilities Reply with quote

Hello,

I’ve only just recently discovered cheat engine despite my decades of online gaming. This is exciting stuff and I look forward to starting the tutorial that is offered. Perhaps just teaching yourself to reverse engineer something is what’s truly keeping me up tonight.

I have a question about things that are possible within an MMO that came out almost 20 years ago. I know the rules state I can’t mention it, but I’m sure some have heard of it.

Fellow players have been intelligent enough to make a high quality item when crafting in this game and choosing how that will happen. From what I’m told, when synthing/crafting an item - which I believe has its results dictated by the client side - you can send a packet to “nope” the synth and get your materials back. You can repeat this until you know you’re going to get the desired lucky high quality item that is profitable with the assistance of an add on in that game that lets you know seconds ahead of time if it will be of high quality or not.

I’m not asking how to do this. I’m asking if this is possible as I’m still learning
I’m also curious if anyone knows what game I’m talking about. :p

Seems like a great community here.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Based on the description and 'Maat' in your name, I'd assume I know which one you're talking about. If it is, then no, the crafting result is handled by the server. You can kill the synth before it finishes to not lose materials, but your client does not dictate the actual result. The server does and sends the result as soon as the synth starts to tell the client how to handle the animation and what to display in chat.

Sylviemaat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
Quote:

Based on the description and 'Maat' in your name, I'd assume I know which one you're talking about. If it is, then no, the crafting result is handled by the server. You can kill the synth before it finishes to not lose materials, but your client does not dictate the actual result. The server does and sends the result as soon as the synth starts to tell the client how to handle the animation and what to display in chat.

So then it is possible. Thanks. And I do recognize your name. Hello.
srunblue
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Sylviemaat hey there
I have some question about online game can u dm me in Discord ?
ID = SrunBlueZ#9004
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylviemaat wrote:

I'm not sure how you got that from my post.. I said it's not possible, the server handles the result, not the client.

If your goal is to exploit like the recent craft exploits were happening on retail, that had nothing to do with what you're thinking. The client does not have control of the result, you do not get to tell the server if something should be NQ or HQ. You only have the ability to cause the synth to cancel/fail mid-craft. The server tells your client the result immediately so the client knows what animation to display when the synth is ending.

Sylviemaat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
Sylviemaat wrote:

I'm not sure how you got that from my post.. I said it's not possible, the server handles the result, not the client.

If your goal is to exploit like the recent craft exploits were happening on retail, that had nothing to do with what you're thinking. The client does not have control of the result, you do not get to tell the server if something should be NQ or HQ. You only have the ability to cause the synth to cancel/fail mid-craft. The server tells your client the result immediately so the client knows what animation to display when the synth is ending.

Forgive my wording. I meant that it is possible to do what I was planning to do.

Although I'll have to test this on a throw-away account in case I'm banned for it. I heard some HQ exploit was patched. Not sure if this one was it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: