Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rydian's Guide To Basic AOBs And Scripts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiro928
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Alan Wake's American Nightmare Reply with quote

hey all! first off, loved this post, i feel like i've learned a lot here, i found you out through youtubes "Cheat the Game", anyway onto my question

in Alan Wakes American Nightmare, i have a script that gives me infinite clip, which is awesome, but i also want infinite ammo as well, i find the value no problem, but when i go to modify the opcode it looks like this

mov [esi+eax*4+20],ecx
mov ecx,esi

i've tried adding "nop"s, i've tried adding my own math before and after, and no matter what, as soon as i shoot with the script active, it crashes, now if i go into the memory viewer and click "replace with code that does nothing" then it works just fine, but i want to put this into script form, any help would be appreciative, thanks!!
Sigan.Q
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with the very last part of this post. I'm playing a game and I'm trying to write to a fstp, just like you recommended. The code I've got is this:

Code:

label(code)
label(return)

globalalloc(_DuraBase,4)

newmem:

code:
  mov [_DuraBase],edi
  fstp dword ptr [edi+18]
  mov [edi+18],(Int)100
  mov eax,[edi+08]
  jmp return

The value it returns to my float is this: 1.401298464E-43

I don't really care what value it is, on one hand, but 1.4 is just a bit away from the item's durability wearing out completely. My questions are, why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured out the problem.
Code:

mov [edi+18],(Float)100
deepsingh852963
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
AwsomDud
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: ty Reply with quote

thanks for guidel
paul44
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: AOB Injection: some questions Reply with quote

Great tutorial, excellent work! Learned a lot from it. But I do have some questions/need some confirmations though...

1) CE finds the right location when checking for 'what writes to this address' (pic 1), but shows a different module upon selecting 'show Disassembler' ?!
(ASM code is correct; it is just not "placed" in its proper "memory orientation"). Anyway to change the module location to present the proper "environment" (in this case my game's exe)?
2) when the lua code is generated, the allocated memory - for my "proper code" - is 1000 (hexbytes). Right? Within those 1000 hbytes, I can write my code. If my code will be bigger in size, I need to increase this value. Correct?
Btw: I suppose I can write code both under the 'newmem:' AND 'code:' label locations; but the total code can not surpass those 1000 hbytes...
3) while I did a minimal change (only edited 'code:' part), the CT table later on returns a loading error? If I load the table manually, it still gives the error, but works fine though...?! (obviously, I'd like to know why/what it is complaining about ~ can't see nothing wrong about it)

4) (off topic): if I want to have a specific C++ code executed (instead of some ASM code), I use the 'injectDLL' function for that? If you - or anyone - could steer me to some examples/tutorials, that would be great...
(using v6.6 btw)

@ParkourPenguin: thx for the feedback.
1) that is exactly what I expected/wanted
2) I'm new to AOB injection (followed Rydian's Guide ~ another must-read !). I did - mistakingly - assume that the AA window was part of the lua engine within CE. So, AA uses its proper AA script code/functions then.
(I did check the lua wiki guide, and made the assumption based on the 'aobscan' function... ~ no lua programmer, I'm afraid)
3) I swear I never came near the 'Table ~ Show CE table', but this is what it showed: @imgur [ /a/RnDzQ ]. (I already checked the menu options in AA, and nothing seems to have caused this ~ fill the lua table, I mean)
Anyways: deleted/emptied the CE lua table, and error gone.

Last edited by paul44 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) It is where it is. If you don't like mono symbols being shown, go to "View" in the memory view window and deselect "Show symbols."
2) There is no Lua code in any of the posted images. That's Cheat Engine's Auto Assembler. Yes, it allocates 0x1000 (4096) bytes for you to do whatever you want with. It's more than enough for most cases.
3) That error is because of something in the Lua script window. Open that window up by going to "Table -> Show Cheat Table Lua Script" in the main window. (The Lua script window is not the same thing as an AA window)
4) Google is your friend.

paul44
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Using Symbol in 'alloc' function Reply with quote

...instead of Module+Offset value...

image: imgur_com/a/1rBsc

I tried this out, because - when you edit the script while NOT attached to the game - AA complains about that address reference if you try to add it to your CE table. Which also tells us what the actual values of those symbols are... (I checked wiki guide, but that was not "explicitly" clear)

2 reasons why I post it here:
a) I thought others would be interested in this; that you can also do this
(although I would always add/keep the actual addr_ref as commentary; for debugging reasons)
b) Q: the first thing I tried, was simply omit the address references, but that caused the game to crash instantly! So my Q is: when do you (need to) use the additional parameter?
I've seen scripts not using this 3rd param (and I assume these are working fine...). The Wiki mentions the '64b target' intake: so that is probably the reason since my game is x64 only?!

ps: ignore the rest of the code; this was an exercise on how to combine several aob scripts into one. Took me some (re)search to get that working...
xxgam3ma2t3rxx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rydian's Guide To Basic AOBs And Scripts Reply with quote

Excuse me but could you help me with this for Party Panic because it changes address values every single time the game is restarted. I have looked this guide over but I always go straight to the cheat engine template and insert AOB scan. Do I change those double digit values to fix a trainer not working that I export from it as shown in examples?
Maybe you could PM me a skype to assist me?
Alaswing
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Citra Reply with quote

Hello, first of all I want to thank you for this incredible guide, I tried to follow it to modify some things in a game using citra emulator, in the game dragon ball fusions there is an ultra gauge that is filled to perform certain actions, i managed to find memory and perform everything as the guide say, All good until we reach the step of the guide where it subtracts the damage to the HP, is totally different to what I see in my game, so I wanted to know if you could help me with this. (sorry about my english)

the gauge fills when i recive damage, do damage, and do other actions, and it increases in different values.

ill post some pics from when i take damage

here is the code i see

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.16.23.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.8 KB
 Viewed:  25547 Time(s)

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.16.23.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.16.59.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.6 KB

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.16.59.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.16.26.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.83 KB

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.16.26.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.17.05.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.32 KB

Captura de pantalla 2017-08-24 09.17.05.png

JaPeyK
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
 Code:[ENABLE] 
aobscan(nodamage, 2B C8 66 89 0D CC E6 49 00 8B 15 50 E6 49 00 81 E2 80 00 00 00 74 1C) 
label(_nodamage) 
registersymbol(_nodamage) 

nodamage: 
_nodamage: 
db 90 90 

[DISABLE] 
_nodamage: 
db 2B C8 

unregistersymbol(_nodamage)

How do i freeze the value if i use this code for example?

Since when I checked the box it only enables the script and execute the db and changing the bytes but what if the value is reverting back to its original value after a few second.?
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaPeyK wrote:
... what if the value is reverting back to its original value after a few second.?

Find what writes to the value and hook/nop that as well.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: tutorial Reply with quote

does anyone know a video tutorial on using the pointers and something that explains the eax jmp things im just new here so i would like to learn the basic things to start on. thanks
sillygoose123
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject: Thanks for the tutorial!! Reply with quote

I had been stressing about finding a static pointer for a while now but I had completely forgotten about aob scans lol. Well I've been able to find the array I'm looking for using the search function but I'd like to be able to use a script that will populate my cheat table with the addresses of different aob scans and their offsets pointing to different address that do different thing relative to their base address.. if that makes any sense.

Like for example: I could find the array 01 02 03 04 05 @ address 10000000, this address will change at each instance of running the game and after death. Next time I could find the array at 12121212. How would I go about making a script that will populate the cheat table with the address the array is found at, then add the address at +0x01, +0x02, +0x03, etc. on to the cheat table. Then find the array 06 07 08 09 0A and do the same with a different label. This is extremely simplified version of what I really want but I think this is a pretty basic version of what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: